A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Deborah.
I planted my wallflowers in the rain when the sitter was here. She felt Dhiren was not as happy as usual.
He has had quite a sorrowful day.
Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
He has had quite a sorrowful day.

Sorry to hear that, Sylvia....:(

Eric has been "withdrawn" today..for want of better words.

Watching him between dining table and his chair he stopped half way...stooped and dribbling..and stayed there until prompted to go back to his chair. He seemed to have forgotten where he was going.

The carer tonight remarked on his increased dribbling..and I'm concerned because he is not passing urine well.

I don't know exactly what to expect next...

But wish you and Dhiren..and anyone else reading this post a peaceful night.

Love xx

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Silvia, I hope you will understand I had to reply to this

Watching him between dining table and his chair he stopped half way...stooped and dribbling..and stayed there until prompted to go back to his chair. He seemed to have forgotten where he was going.

The carer tonight remarked on his increased dribbling..

Quote: gigi

Dribbling is part of our life now. Parkinsons, bullocks. Ron does it all the time. I mean, ALL the time.
Ron cannot sit at the dining table anymore.
The stopping and forgetting where he is is the same. Mid walk, when I am trying to get him from the bedroon to the lounge.

Sending love to you and Silvia.
I know where you are coming from now.

Barb XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
After months of early nights, Dhiren is still up. It is not sundowning keeping him awake, he is fine. We have watched television, chatted and shared a very pleasant evening. He told me he feels fit tonight, which is wonderful.
We are both waiting up to watch Question Time. We have not watched Question Time together for months and months.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
I'm waiting up for question time too...:)It's so good that Dhiren will watch it with you, Sylvia...even if he doesn't follow everything.

Am hoping that Eric will be willing to carry on watching the African Queen in his bedroom.

The carer tonight thinks he looks unwell..she last saw him Sunday night.

He's having regular, severe headaches and I'm a bit concerned too.

xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Regular severe headaches are worrying gigi, but I doubt much can be done about them. I hope pain relief helps.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sylvia

These times are so precious and I am truly delighted for you:) I'm not sure about the Question Time though:rolleyes:

Love x

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
helen neither am i but sylvia so happy that you and dirhen are able to share some normal evening viewing, a very good friend rang this evening and was so shocked when i said i was not going to watch question time but these days just watched light relief nonsense, my brain switches off by 9pm and just need to be entertained not forced to think, never thought i would feel this way , but i do pam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m afraid Question Time sent Dhiren to sleep so he is now in bed. :) I hope he gets up in time for his flu jab tomorrow. The taxi comes at 10.30am.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Eric tried to stay up with me to watch Question Time..but like Dhiren he couldn't see it through and I helped him to bed half way through...it was a bit of a whitewash anyway.

I'm going to request a GP visit for Eric tomorrow...headaches, chesty, both feet extremely swollen tonight..and he is passing very little urine...and struggles to do that.

His tummy is hard and swollen again...:(

Hope for a peaceful night for us all..and Sylvia, that Dhiren is up and around for the taxi...!

Love xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
A different sundowning today.

He knows who I am but is desperate to find his family. He still thinks he only came here this morning and his family will be worried if he doesnt return home.

He wanted to go to Paul`s to satisfy his mind no one was there. And he wanted me to go with him. He was trembling with anxiety. He said his heart was beating fast.

I got him dressed in coat and hat and by the time I was ready myself, I found him in tears in the kitchen.

He still wanted to go so we set off. He walked a few steps and stopped. He was so anxious and so undecided. He asked what Paul could do and I said he could only reassure him he was in the right place and bring him home again.

So we came home. He knows he is with me. He knows he should be with me. He just wants to find his family and he is so upset.

He has expressed gratitude to me and sorrow he is causing me so much trouble. He said I have suffered for him and am a true friend.

Last edited:

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Poor Dhiren....he must be in such mental turmoil at times.

He has expressed gratitude to me and sorrow he is causing me so much trouble.

At times he has such amazing insight into how this affects you, Sylvia..the sensitive , caring part of the Dhiren that I met is still there.

It's heart-breaking.

Love xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sylvia, reading of Dirhens distress today when you said you found him crying in the kitchen must be so hard for you to deal with, trev only ever cried once unconttolable sobs , it broke my heart, hope it is passing now, does Dirhen have old photos of his family in India or would it be possible to obtain some, having asked that trev hates to look at photos of his mum and dad and just turns away
hope you have a reasonable evening, by the way love your mobile home love pam

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
dear sylvia , hopping things are a little easier for you now. the photos sound a good idea. dave went through a stage wear he cried an awfull lot., something he had never done beforeand he was mortified after. thinking of you lynne xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you folks

Dhiren is calmer now. He had a short sleep and was quiet when he woke but I`m not sure whether or not he remembered being so upset.

He is not embarrassed when he cries, he is just so sad and full of confusion. He has always been very sentimental but the dementia and confusion have made him even more so.

Now he is laughing at Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
He said I have suffered for him and am a true friend.

Bless dear Dhiren - I do hope this makes up a little for the times he does not recognise 'Sylvia'. The sadness of this wretched disease is getting to me right now.

Hope you have a reasonable evening. Love Jan

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
i hope everyone is having a reasonable day. we had a lovely party for my dads birthday and if i can figure it out will post some pics. cut daves hair this morning :eek: cause he wont go to the barbers any more, told him he looks ten years younger ac:)tually looks more like a school boy:D

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Lyn

I've PM'd you the instructions;)

Love and looking forward to a picture or two:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosaleen1943