A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sylvia that so made me smile, i cannot see a thing without my specs but i never know where they are must have dozens of pound a pair glasses around the home but can never find them when required and when i do it is like a lottery win, 18month old grandson evev searches for them so i can read books to him,so pleased crossroads has come up trumps funny first thing i did whilst sitter sat was go see grandson play violin in school production , felt so liberating, these are the special moments we uaually miss so happy for you love pam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
from Grannie g Mishtakis, errers,......
Sylvia--have you been at the cooking sherry?? :D

Moi? Would I? :rolleyes:
Well actually I might have been for my computer glasses turned up this morning in my Peg Bag :confused: Don`t ask. :eek:
Apologies to R from Crossroads. :eek:

And for the record, Dhiren and I had a nice walk to the post box and back this morning. [with his stick].

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Heck, not again!

D `It`s nice here isn`t it.`
S `It`s lovely here.`
D `I`ll come again.`
S `You can live here if you want. I do.`
D `Do you?`
S `This is our house. Why don`t you stay with me.`
D `I`ve got to pay my way. I`ve no money.`
S `Your pension and my pension is enough to keep us comfortably.`
D `I`ve decided. You`re on. I`ll go tomorrow and tell them I`m staying here.`
S `Good.`
D `My mother will be upset.`.....and so on ad infinitum.

It`s only ten pst three.
D `I`ve got a brother. He has a son called Paul.`
S `Paul is our son. Your son and my son.`
D `Is he? Oh good. He`s a good boy, Paul.`

Last edited:

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
D `It`s nice here isn`t it.`

D `I`ll come again.`

D `I`ve decided. You`re on. I`ll go tomorrow and tell them I`m staying here.`

D `I`ve got a brother. He has a son called Paul.`

D `Is he? Oh good. He`s a good boy, Paul.`

What more could anyone ask of someone with dementia?

Thanks, Dhiren!

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
iwish we could ask for more sylvia but sadley we cant. dave has just eaten the last magnun :eek: never asked me if i wamted it or the kids as they looked on longinly :mad:

tattyhead

Apr 1, 2009
Birmingham area
a life in the day of

:)Dear Sylvia
My husband doesn't always know that I am his wife.(44years) It upsets me more to know that he doesn't know his sons. He often thinks they are his brothers.
On Thursday Ivor was seen at home for an assessment to begin medication. He told the Dr that I was his friend but that he was thinking of asking me to marry him. So I guess I should be happy with that thought.
Your conversations with Dhiren are often very close to some of the conversations I have with Ivor about going home etc.
Ivor keeps thinking we are on Holiday here and worries about paying rent.
Let us hope that we all keep our sense of humour.
You have kept me laughing as well as crying sometimes.
Chin up
Ann:):)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Ann and Lynn

It does surprise me how similar some of the thoughts and converstaions are:
Paying rent
Going home
Being on holiday
Taking the last `Rolo`
Sons as brothers
No knowing long term wives/parteners
Worrying about work
and many many more.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
R from Crossroads came today. She is a Team Leader, she did our Assessment and will be our sitter on alternate Saturdays and every Monday.

At long last I have service from Crossroads and have struck lucky.

I have two evening outings planned.
One is to see our grandson Harry in Peter Pan. I have booked matinee seats for Dhiren and for me, but in case Dhiren doesn`t make it have booked an evening performance just for me.
I have also booked Christmas Dinner on the evening of December 17th. for the whole family at Thanet College. I booked ages ago but now doubt Dhiren willwell enough to stay up to eat out during the evening.
R from Crossroads will sit with Dhiren for me on both evenings. I cannot believe my luck.

Now that does sound really good news for you, pleased to read that .

Its been my 2nd week at work, feels stressful some days but its good for me ( feet our killing me :)) . feel good to feel tried yes but help me cope with life , moving forward without Anthony , mum of course Anthony more so . Oh but it help being at work amazingly I have loads, loads of energy to burn up .

I do think of you all, Miss you all . I Just got to get use to this change of life that is happening to me in my life, Then I can pop in more .

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh it`s so good to hear from you Maggie. :D

It sounds as if you are trying very hard to rebuild your life and I`m so glad you are working and work is tiring you. I hope that means you are sleeping.
The routine of work will be so good for you, it will stop you drifting, it`s a form of discipline. It will help you through the coming months.

You pop in to TP whenever you feel like. You know we will all be here waiting for you.

Take care Maggie. It might not feel like it to you but to me you are doing so well.

Love xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
The routine of work will be so good for you, it will stop you drifting, it`s a form of discipline. It will help you through the coming months.

Strange you should say that as your right about that drifting. My mind thoughts are really stuck in the past form when Anthony was at the age of 14 years I started working full time. I can get so lost in my past with Anthony that it can drive me crazy have some wired dreams. It’s so good to know I have something to look forward to an obligation to get up out of bed , To bring me out of my thoughts.
I am still on a hypo mood, am eating better. I have to be have to be careful with this hypo mood as when my sciatica starts hurting in my foot I know I am doing too much. But its helping me balances my weight not loss any more weight. I don’t work Mondays, so shall take it easy just do some odds ends that I need to sort out.

I had a dream of mum the other night, then at work when customers had all gone shop was quite it hit me that mum was dead, I finally felt like I could cry so I don’t feel so Mix up with who I am crying for mum or Anthony . Anthony feels my tear ducks at lot, I quite can’t really let go to cry deeply like I did when my father died its just so totally different feeling.

Ha but I have all you lot to keep me balance out, work keep me grounded . My sleep patten does give me good 5 hours sleep, even thought " lay in " is a thing of the pass as I wake around 8pm now . Not to bad , if I try sleep more I just end up dreaming really vividly, compared to how I don't in the 5 hours sleep I get . I now do not even need cap naps like I did druing the day when mum was alive .

(((hugs to all )))))

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
How are you today Sylvia?

I`m fine thank you Deborah.
And what a turn up for the books.
D `Where are you going today?`
S `I have a couple of jobs to do so i`ll be going out later.`
D `How long will you be?`
S `Not long.`
D `What time are you going?`
S `I`ll wait till R comes from Crossroads. She is an official carer. She came to visit on Saturday. She looks after people while their wives have jobs to do, and will make sure you are all right while I`m out.`
D `Good.`

And how are you today Deborah?

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I`m fine thank you Deborah.
And what a turn up for the books.
D `Where are you going today?`
S `I have a couple of jobs to do so i`ll be going out later.`
D `How long will you be?`
S `Not long.`
D `What time are you going?`
S `I`ll wait till R comes from Crossroads. She is an official carer. She came to visit on Saturday. She looks after people while their wives have jobs to do, and will make sure you are all right while I`m out.`
D `Good.`
That sounds like a result, Sylvia. Hope everything goes well for you.
I'm fine thanks. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy O