ive brought my mam home from hospital to die in my home

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
scarborough north yorkshire
Hope you have had a peaceful day today. thinking of you all. X

hi marchbank,we have had quite a good day today,my other 2 nephews(mam grandsons)have been to see mam,they said they thought it was very sad to think that their nanna has ended up in this condition,and i'm sure my mam knew they were here,we had some photo's taken together with my mam.

mam has had another peaceful night,and the new dressings being used for her pressure sore seem to be helping a little,i know the district nurse has told us that the pressure sore will not get better due to the fact that my mams body is now starting to breakdown.

other than that mam still seems comfortable and peaceful.

I'm very pleased that my 2 nephews came to see mam today,and am sure mam is too.
maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
You lovely lovely people. Keep strong and be assured that the so called family will not have the peace of mind that you will have when she finally is at peace. You will have no regrets. I am in a similar situation with an uncaring brother who has left me to deal with everything, but has been living off my parents for the last 15 years. Be kind to yourselves and take care. Your Mam would have wanted that for you.

Big hug. May God bless you.

thanku for your kind words,and i do hope you sort things out with your brother

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Good morning Jackson and family,
thinking of you all and your Mum
God bless
xx

hi littlegem,mam has had another peaceful night she still appears to be comfortable and peaceful it is 16 days now since mam had the stroke and fall and banged the back of her head,i am amazed at how the human body functions in a state like this.maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Thinking of you again tonight Jackson, I hope that your mum has another peaceful night and that your other visitors are as supportive as your neice & nephew.

This is a very precious time for you - and you will continue to do what is best for your mum regardless of what your siblings do. They obviously are unable to put their priorities in the right order - and for that they have my pity.

hi fredsnail,thanku for having us in ur thoughts,mam has had another peaceful night and seems comfortable,our other visitors have been today my 2 nephews(mams grandsons)we have had a lovely day spending quality time with each other,i'm sure mam enjoyed their company,and we had a few photo's taken with them and my mam.

We know our priorities are in the right order.I also pity the others who can not seem to sort out their priorities.

maureen

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
You are going through enough emotional turmoil without analysing the incomprehensible behaviour of your siblings.

You are about to lose your mother.

Don't let anger take control because it will rip you apart and make grieving far worse.In so far as your siblings are concerned,In life you can be selfish but there is one inevitability...we all die.If people having any belief in an after life then they will at some stage examine their conscience.Your so called born again christian sister must know in her heart that she owes your mother much more than this.

Turn your anger into pity for them.They have missed out on a loving moment,a moment of grace.Their lives will be all the more shallower and cynical for this.

No parent is perfect. Yet very few parents could deserve this treatment.no matter what the perceived faults/ sins of the parent.It does not sound as if your mother has done anything to deserve this.

It sounds like your siblings just could not be bothered.It's inexcusable.Everyone agrees on this but it's not going to change matters.

I believe greatly in the saying "You reap what you sow." Your siblings will reap what they sow.Your anger will serve no purpose other than to hurt you.

I have a neighbout who rushed back from Kuwait to get to his dad.He failed to make it in time and has lived with distress ever since. Yet he tried to make it in time but was delayed by the flight.Your siblings have been given the opportunity.Once your mother is gone it will dawn on them but be too late.They will feel regret and pain.

Now is the time to put aside your anger. Just hold your mother's hand and let her know that you are ok. Let her know that she can go and everything will be fine.

I have put aside my anger,and my mam is my priority and no way would i ever allow myself to waste this precious time on anyone else but my mam.

I have already let my mam know that i am O.K.and let mam know that she can go and everything will be fine with us.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Jacksonh:
Just popping in to say I am following your Thread and how wonderfully you are coping. Its good to hear your Mum is so peaceful.

We know our priorities are in the right order.
This is good to hear.

Take care

rosiek

Feb 1, 2011
Norfolk
Hi Jackson

Have been following your thread and admire your strength and resolve in doing the best for your lovely Mum despite all the family problems.

Wishing you a peaceful night.

Love Rosie xx

jennifer_eccles

Apr 4, 2011
melksham
Good Morning

I hope I find you in good health. I know this is a hard time for you lovely, but I beg take care of yourselves to. You are right what a P*** poor excuse of a sister wants to remember how her mum was. But at least you get to see the peaceful side of this awful disease and to sit with your mum as she slips gently out of her mortal coil and leaves her sad body behind. She will know peace like no other and I wish you get some of that peace. My love and thoughts as well as my hopes are with you always and there is not an hour that goes by where I don't think of you and yours. A gentle kiss for your mum.

littlegem

Nov 11, 2010
north Wales
Good morning jackson,

Hoping all your family is at peace and that your Dear Mum is still calm and comfy.

God bless you all for your dedication and love.
xx

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
Hi Maureen
How are things? Hope your Mum is comfortable. Thinking of you xx
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

hi nanak,my mam has survived another night and day,there are however new problems occuring now with my mams health issues.

mam is now suffering faecal leakage,which started a couple of days ago,and lastnight mam was coughing and sneezing and a creamy white liquid was coming out of the side of her mouth,i sat up all night lastnight with mam i was worried incase this creamy white liquied went down her throat and choked her.

I pulled my campbed right up to mams hospital bed and held mams hand allnight to re-assure her I was there by her side just incase she was frightened or panicking.

I've had a good kip late this afternoon,to catch up,just incase i'm up allnight again tonite.my partner has kept an eye on mam while i've had a nap.

I asked district nurse about this white creamy liquid coming out of mams mouth,and she said it is the bodies way of trying to make moisture in the throat and the windpipe,(apparently this is a natural re-action when a person has not had fluids for a long while)and the faecal leakage is also to be expected due to nerve damage and brain damage.

Oddly enough, even though my mam now has these new problems,she still appears to be very comfortable and peaceful.

I also asked the district nurse about the length of time that my mam has survived(absolutely unbelievable, 17 days today)and according to district nurse because my mam appears to be so comfortable and peaceful it could be that is the reason why she has survived 17 days up to now.

When I brought my mam back from hospital in the ambulance, i was of the impression that it could happen in just a couple of hours.

Mind you my mam allways was a survivor,she nearly lost her life when she gave birth to my elder twin sisters 59years ago,and she also nearly lost her life 11years ago to lung cancer,and more recently when she was first admitted to hospital in April with Renal Failure.

I am pleased that mam is still comfortable and peaceful.
maureen

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Maureen, we struggle to come into this world and it can be a struggle to leave, your Mum is sparing you the memory of her being distressed and is slipping slowly away. I hope tonight remains peaceful.x.

jackson

Jun 28, 2009
I hope I find you in good health. I know this is a hard time for you lovely, but I beg take care of yourselves to. You are right what a P*** poor excuse of a sister wants to remember how her mum was. But at least you get to see the peaceful side of this awful disease and to sit with your mum as she slips gently out of her mortal coil and leaves her sad body behind. She will know peace like no other and I wish you get some of that peace. My love and thoughts as well as my hopes are with you always and there is not an hour that goes by where I don't think of you and yours. A gentle kiss for your mum.

hi jennifer eccles,my mam has survived another night and day,and mam still appears to be peaceful and comfortable,i have had a lovely nap this afternoon,and i feel like i've had some real quality sleep.

I agree with u my mam will know peace like no other,and hopefully i will find that peace too. maureen

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Glad your mum is still comfortable, Maureen.

You are doing an amazing job of caring for her. I admire your strength - I'm not sure I could to it.

I'm sure she is reassured by your presence & will slip quietly away when she is good & ready.

Wishing you a peaceful night.

Mo
x