So is this it...?

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am glad that your Dad got his wings and is now painfree. My heart goes to you and your family at this sad time. May you find strength and peace. Take care Claire

Last edited:

Splashing About

Oct 20, 2019
Claire again I’ve only just seen this. What a horrible time. I’m glad your Dad’s suffering is over. I also recognise that you are in a new stage of adjustment of emotions. Be kind to yourself. Xxxx

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I'm so sorry to hear your lovely dad now has his wings, but he is free of this cruel world now. My sympathies and hoping you find a new peace in your life

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I’m so sorry Claire , sending you my condolences and hoping you can find that peace that you rightly deserve. Sending huge hugs. X

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Oh Claire, the end of the dementia journey. You and your family fought tooth and nail for your Dad and did everything you could. He is now at peace. You can now mourn for your Dad and try to forget the traumas of the past few months, put them away, lock the box and throw away the key. All the best to you and your family.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Oh Claire @DesperateofDevon i’m so sorry for you & your family & how you all fought so hard for your dad’s care.
I’m so relieved that your dad gained his wings relatively quickly & did not linger & that he now rests in peace. Big hugs xxxxx

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Dads got his wings
Xx

My heart goes out to you and all your family. I am sure that your dad is flying high already, free from this awful disease.

Reading your posts, it's obvious that nobody could have tried harder to fight your dad's corner - you have been a wonderful daughter. It is shameful that you have had to endure all this and it beggars belief that the so-called "professionals" appear to be incompetent and inconsiderate.

I wish you well over these next few days/weeks.

God bless
Phil

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to read of your loss @DesperateofDevon but I’m glad your dad has found peace. Thinking of you and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
My lovely TP family, thank you for the lovely thoughts & words.
I am strangely calm & thankful that Dad is no longer in the grips of dementia.
My Mum is amazingly strong of character & losing her soul mate must be unimaginable without the issues of dementia. Yet today the clarity of mind Mum presented was amazing. I’m sure some difficult days lie ahead but for today I comforted Mum; & then she comforted me her daughter.

The hardest thing wasn’t telling people,it was the delight on the faces & in the voices of those I visited & called to break the news. I never realised how much I’m Dads daughter - talking about Dads exploits

old work colleagues are sourcing fake plastic bananas
Dad had a banana everyday in his lunch box it was a running joke among his work mates to substitute itfor the fake one!
Another friend of Dads ( he crewed yachts & sailed - even making onto TV news !!) is digging out photos & newspaper clippings of one of Dads mercy mission dashes!

walking & drinking buddies have tales to curl your hair & leave you laughing holding your sides!

friends of Mums tell of random acts of kindness- Dad dug one lady a grave for her cat un-asked; after a 12 hour shift at work.

as for My lovely Aunty ( Dads sister ) I stared into the same colour eyes as Dad & felt loved & cherished; tears & laughter followed but more laughter than tears.

what a legacy Dad leaves behind, so tonight when I get home please raise a glass or cup of whatever & toast my lovely Dad- Peter with me. A gentle man .

much love to you all
Will be hopefully back on the forum in a couple of days
Xx

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Chin chin to Peter . He is having plenty of giggles I’m sure . Raising a G & T to him and my dad and all our loved ones flying high . Take care and be proud . Hugs sent . X