A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I'm pleased to hear all is well.

You were clearly worried, the optician was trying to be honest in saying what it might be, and nothing wrong in posting about your worries. That's what scans are for, giving the all clear a lot of the time.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I received a lovely email this morning from Craig Clarke. He was the originator of TP in 2003 when his dad was diagnosed.

He realised there was nothing to support people with dementia and their families and approached the Alzheimers Society , suggesting an online support Forum. He was an active member of the forum until his dad died.

I thought it would be nice for some newer members to put a face to a name . Here he is with me at an AGM in 2006.

18:9:06 AS with Craig.jpg

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
not sure how this will sound.my hubby passed away 18 months ago ,my friends husband passed away 8 years ago,while having a cup of tea we were talking about life without them,and we both seem to find it hard to remember the day to day life we had when they were here,we,ve not forgotten them it just seems hard to find every day life as it was with them, maybe we were having a bad day,but its still nice to know that the feelings you have you arent alone

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
not sure how this will sound.my hubby passed away 18 months ago ,my friends husband passed away 8 years ago,while having a cup of tea we were talking about life without them,and we both seem to find it hard to remember the day to day life we had when they were here,we,ve not forgotten them it just seems hard to find every day life as it was with them, maybe we were having a bad day,but its still nice to know that the feelings you have you arent alone

My husband died 2 years ago and I can totally understand what you're saying. I remember the big things and I still find it hard to go back before dementia. The day to day life stuff is less easy.

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
thanks for remembering me. I am fine. Still grieving but moving on.

Wow. Now I know Craig face. The ideia of this forum was fantastic.

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I've just realised today how many times I'm saying `I` rather than `we` , even when talking about happenings we shared.

I'm shocked.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I've just realised today how many times I'm saying `I` rather than `we` , even when talking about happenings we shared.

I'm shocked.
Yes, I've noticed myself doing that too. I think though that maybe it's a, "positive" isn't the right word, but maybe a sign of acceptance of things? To use a friend's expression "knowing in our knower" that now, it's just "I".

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's interesting. I'm still finding myself saying we. I told someone today that 'we' will be flying out of Heathrow at the weekend. I know there will be a planeload of people but the 'we' I meant was me and Bill. I suppose I'll eventually stop doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5