A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There are plenty of sites where you can view and/or print off sheet music, with most you can also listen to it being played e.g. https://www.8notes.com/piano/

Thanks @nitram

Searching the net I couldn't believe music is available for kindles. I don't know how that will work. I`ll meed to start with very simple arrangements just to loosen my fingers.

I sold my piano to a colleague for her children.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My Keyboard arrived today and I'm delighted.

Thank you for this @Amethyst59 . I have ordered this book to begin with so will see how I get on.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Most-Beaut..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=DJ3HNF0FF8JP8FFWEDX5

I think I might book a short refresher course of a few lessons. I might as well make the most of this loaned gift and think a few lessons will be the best way to go.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
This is a music shop near where I work, but I understand that they do quite a bit of on line business, which might be easier (or harder) to search compared to other large on line retailers. I bought my daughter's guitar here and some music for her, but I know they do a lot of sheet music. I've put the page to keyboard music. I don't play any instruments so may not be much help.

http://www.music-notes.net/spweb/categories.php?sectionid=10

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you @jugglingmum

I`ll work with what I have ordered for now and when I take lessons might need to buy music suggested by the teacher. I'm really looking forward to this, especially with winter on the horizon.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I was washed and changed and ready to go out when I decided something felt wrong and I cancelled.

I was making some lunch when I tripped against the slightly open washing machine door and fell heavily on the tiled kitchen floor.

I banged my bad knee and strained my wrist trying to save myself but was so lucky that was the only damage.

Because of my knee it took me ages to get up off the floor. My body felt like lead. I eventually manage to raise myself with the help of two kitchen chairs.

I'm so glad I didn't go out.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sylvia. I’m so sorry to hear of your fall. Do you have a community alarm? It’s an awful thought that you might not have been able to get up.

I hope there’s no lasting damage.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Izzy.

I do have a care line alarm it was on my bedside table. :oops:

My mobile was in the living room and the three landline phones I have were all out of reach.

I doubt there will be lasting damage but my knees are sore and my wrist hurts.

I`ll be fine. :)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh no, Sylvia! Hope you aren't in a lot of pain. I'm sure the jolt has been a shock to your system, too. Maybe a few days rest is in order!

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I'm sorry to hear of your fall Sylvia - I hope you're able to rest up a bit and get your strength back. Take care of yourself.
Love
Lindy xx

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I hope you are not in too much pain this morning Sylvia, I know from experience that you can stiffen up over night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL