A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I would do it on my own Sylvia - but only where I was sure I wouldn't see a lot of people!! I have borrowed the poles and intend to go out round our apartment area tomorrow afternoon. I thought I could do with a bit of practice before Monday. We were a small group in the training sessions and they took place it an area which is pretty busy with walkers, dog walkers, cyclists etc. We had a range of comments which the instructor said she hears every time she's out with a group. They included things like - 'lost your skis ladies?', 'getting ready for the winter olympics?', 'Nordic walking - I prefer Finnish' etc etc etc! I'd rather be with a group in that situation!:D

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
And, @Izzy , I bet every commenter smugly thought they were being very witty and original! :rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed your walk Sylvia @Grannie G . Was lovely here today too. Cool, with a slight breeze. My kind of weather!

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Hello Sylvia, just catching up a bit on your thread and reading that you have been diagnosed with AMD. That must have come as a shock. You may remember I do quite a lot of fundraising for Macular Society. Just wanted to mention that you need to find out if you have dry or wet AMD as soon as possible as the wet needs urgent treatment. The Macular Society has a helpline. Just felt I had to pass on that info! Take care ...

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you @maryw I have a scan booked for Monday 17th so will know then whether or not I`ll need treatment.

I will contact the Macular Society. A friend who comes to my meditation group has had MD for a while and has nearly lost her sight. She attends the local support group so I will know where it is if I need it.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Thank you @maryw I have a scan booked for Monday 17th so will know then whether or not I`ll need treatment.

I will contact the Macular Society. A friend who comes to my meditation group has had MD for a while and has nearly lost her sight. She attends the local support group so I will know where it is if I need it.

Hopefully it’s the dry and it won’t cause problems for ages. You’ve probably heard about the amazing new treatments for AMD, but they still have to get full approval as it is stem cell therapy.

My hubby’s just been diagnosed with early diabetic retinopathy. I’m pretty sure it must be linked to the SVD.

It’s good to have walks by the sea! We do the same:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You’ve probably heard about the amazing new treatments for AMD, but they still have to get full approval as it is stem cell therapy.

I haven't heard anything @maryw. This is all new to me so I`ll need to do some searching. I`ll wait till after the scan when I`ll know what I have to deal with.

Thanks Mary x

AliceA

May 27, 2016
My eye test today revealed Macular Degeneration and I have a scan booked for 17th September to check if it needs treatment or not.

I've been having some visual disturbances and it was the reason my eyes have been slow to adjust from light to dark recently so I knew something was amiss.

Apparently its age related. :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to sound like a creaking gate.

Special thoughts for tomorrow. X

Status
Not open for further replies.