A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
It was overcast this morning and cooler. We also had a few drops of rain but it wasn’t enough to wet the soil and this afternoon the sun came out and it is lovely now with a slight breeze.
We could really do with the ground having a good soaking but it doesn’t look likely over the next few days.
Apart from that wet Sunday a couple of weeks ago, we’ve had no rain since before I went to Launde Abbey in the middle of June. The showers seem to pass us by.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I feel so much better now its cooler. One foot is still swollen but at least I have managed to get velcro fastening shoes on again. The skin soreness has eased.

The garden has been well and truly watered so no worry about new plants.

Its Folk Week in Broadstairs so I hope it stays dry for the visitors and the traders. I hope to be attending during the week.

This afternoon I'm going to see Mama Mia! Here we go again. I'm sure I`ll be singing ABBA songs in my sleep. :)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad to hear about your foot Sylvia.

Enjoy the film - don't be tapping that foot too hard!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Enjoy the film - don't be tapping that foot too hard!

Thanks Izzy. I`ll be making it part of my exercise. ;)

I saw the west end show Mama Mia in 2010 with Helen33 , BeckyJan and Gigi It was the first time we met up and we were all at different stages of caring. It was the first time Dhiren had been in respite care and I was a wreck.

The show gave me a few hours of joy before the anxiety returned.
For what its worth, He was absolutely fine.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have a feeling that Bill and I were in London just after you and we went to see it too. I seem to remember you all telling me about it and me sharing how we had found it. I think that was then anyway. I do know I had a hard time keeping Bill in his seat!

Have a lovely time.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
BA550F16-0105-49A3-A948-84AC6916EB52.jpeg
Red sky at night .........

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I've always envied Izzy's skyscapes but am never up early enough for mine. I had to post this one. It was even better in real life.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
How is your foot now GrannieG? Any improvement?

Thank you @love.dad.but..

It is much better but still swollen. All my shoes and sandals leave an impression on one foot. The pain is better because I've been doing exercises with the tennis ball.

The chiropodist is coming tomorrow. I'm going to ask her. I've a feeling the arthritis has been affected by a dropped arch, maybe I haven't had the support I've needed.

Also my BP meds are being monitored so it could be a combination of a few things.

It`s annoying because I'm not walking comfortably so I'm at home more, less active and eating more.

How are you? Do you have similar problems.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I am glad the exercises are helping and hopefully the chiropodist today will have some advice.

The physio sessions definitely helped me to get an improvement and the daily exercises with golf ball but some days are better than others. Walking should help me but I find it aches if I do a long walk or stand for too long...ie 45mins in a bank Q yesterday :( but that's another thread :D. Am having to push myself to walk some days but I have a feeling it may never go back to how it was and painfree

Interestingly recently I met a friend I hadn't seen in quite a while. She has one swollen foot across the top of the arch...the GP can't discover what the cause is.

Wishing more improved feet to both of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix