A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
I can't add anything to what has already been said. I hope the hospice care is a positive move. I'm glad that Helen has been able to make that decision.

You are both in my thoughts. I'm choosing my moments as to when to log in as I fear the inevitable. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you.

I wish words could do more :(

X

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I'm so sorry Sylvia.

How lovely to see Flowerpot's name on this thread. Even when Helen's so ill, she is bringing people together, it seems. There are so many names here I remember fondly from my more regular TP days. Everything that makes TP so special can be found on this thread.

I am holding Helen in my thoughts and prayers. Really wishing for peace and that the hospice will be able to control the nausea which must be so distressing for you to witness and for Helen to endure.

As the nurse said to me when Mum was in her last days, you are bearing witness to a remarkable journey with a dear friend, and you can give no greater gift than to be with them.

Thinking of you Sylvia.

Last edited:

jude50

Dec 28, 2011
Cardiff
My father had hospice care for the last few days of his life. I found it a peaceful time where the nurses spent all their time making sure he was comfortable and without pain. It gave us the chance to just be with him without the worry of the care. May these days be the same for you all as well. Keeping you in my thoughts at this difficult time

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Pied put it so well! It's good so many people are here for Helen and family, and for you Sylvia. Like others, I'm logging in several times a day to keep up to date.
I've got some rose quartz, must try it again!
hope things go well tonight.
((((Hugs)))))

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Words seem inadequate at a time like this, and yet others seem to manage to say so much.

My heart goes out to each of you, Sylvia, Martin, Mandy, Linda and of course, Helen.

Jan x

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Oh Sylvia this is just heartbreaking to read.

I am thinking of you all and hoping you have a peaceful night.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks again.

Mandy made Helen a small fruit salad this evening when she fancied something solid. She said the fruit burnt her tongue.

I'm sitting with her now to relieve Martin who managed to give her all her Meds. She kept rubbing her eyes. I bathed them with a warm saline solution and now she is sleeping.

We did phone the community nurses to say Helen would accept personal care. We phoned at 11.30am. Mandy helped her mum to the toilet and helped freshen her up at around lunch time.

It's just as well. No one has been.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Helen's experience of end of life care has been appalling- and that's with 3 extremely competent and caring people fighting her corner. The fact that Hospices are so reliant on private fundraising is fundamentally wrong, and means the kind of care they can offer is only available at the very end, and to a limited few.

Sorry Sylvia- my soapboxing is of no help, but I'm angry on Helen's and your behalf.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
but I'm angry on Helen's and your behalf.
I agree, so sorry you've not had the promised care again Sylvia. Helen I'm sure is so thankful that she has you all there for her but she would want you all to be protected to because that's her.

I hope her night is comfortable and that the move to the hospice in the morning happens smoothly.xxx

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
It's been so long, but I'd like to say goodbye

Hello dear old friends,

It's been quite a while.

Piedwarbler, one of most closest and most supportive TPers from the day, contacted me tonight to let me know how poorly Helen is and how the old gang are trickling back to show their support, love and sadness.

I, like Pied, have read the last few pages and have been fighting the tears. I left this forum when I felt I had finally left the road of dementia just to walk on the pavement for a while. Catch my breath and take stock while the craziness slowed down.

But tonight I heard about Helen. And Sylvia, and then I see all my old friends here and see how amazing everyone still continues to be.

What an inspirational group of human beings and how devastating to read of Helen's poor, poor health. An incredible lady. Still strong and dignified, knowing and saying what will be, even when faced with pain and fear.

Sylvia, that crystal will hold her spirit. Please tell her that Annie has her in her thoughts tonight. I doubt she will remember me, but I'll always remember her and how supportive she was when my mum was at the end of her own journey. That's how it should be. Helen remembered. Back then in 2011 and right now.

The Talking Point website. Its layout frozen in time, and me typing through the tears.

This time the tears are for Helen, for whom I returned just to say thank you.

Keep the crystal safe, Sylvia, but she may need it just a little longer :)

Last edited:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I so hope the night is a peaceful one so far. Sorry you have a UTI Sylvia . Is there a walk in centre near by you could go to to get some AB,s? Thinking of you and Helen and her family . Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.