A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I was just thinking what Anne said too. A shrug? From a palliative nurse?

Anyhow. I agree about the ripple mattress. They are reputedly extremely uncomfortable to sleep on. It didn't sort out my mums pressure sores either. So I can understand where Helen is coming from.

I do hope she is free from pain. I remember when I first came onto TP, she was just an awesome presence who gave me so many answers and so much strength. I took so much from how she dealt with Alan's death.

I remember she said to me something about making what happens to you into a positive story. Well she has had the most amazing life - I believe - because of the many lives she has touched. She's helped so many of us deal with what life has thrown at us and turn it into positives. I learned any small skill at doing that from Helen. Xxxx

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
The nurse has no idea who she is dealing with does she!!! I think I admire Helen for refusing the bed.

I was remembering our champagne sorbets at Launde earlier. What a treat :)

You're doing a brilliant job Sylvia.

X

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Sylvia, you know how much you, Helen and Martin are in my thoughts.
Just popping in now as I know what Helen wants most is the comfort of the three of you with her. I just hope when more is needed the right support is there. Much love to you all.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you.

Helen is on fast track and Martin has been told as soon as he says the word we can have carers in four times a day.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Helen is on fast track and Martin has been told as soon as he says the word we can have carers in four times a day

That is good Sylvia. I hope you all have a peaceful night.xxx

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
So good to hear that help is there should you need it. It must be so hard for you all.

How are you Sylvia?

Thinking of you all and wishing peace and calm for Helen.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Each time I visit TP I am desperate for news but dreading it at the same time. My thoughts are with you all. Kim xx

Me too Kim. Last night I was thinking non-stop about Helen after my phone went dead and an engineer has just fixed the problem on the outside line.

I also hope last night was peaceful and that this morning is going as well as possible with Helen more settled than yesterday. Reassuring to know she is on fast track when the time comes.

So difficult to accept that Helen is nearing the end of her life which she lived to the full, with positivity, so alive, vibrant. I am another who learned much from her and to whom she gave an enormous amount of caring support from I joined TP. A remarkable lady who has touched many lives.

I was aghast to read about that nurse shrugging….

Wishing you continued strength Sylvia, also Martin, Mandy and Linda. Always in my thoughts, with love

Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Last night was really difficult for Martin and 'horrendous' for Helen . She needed crushed ice and Martin was in such a deep sleep she didn't have the voice or strength to wake him. When she did she felt guilty.
She also had no strength to get to the toilet.

When I went in and Martin went to get a drink , she was heaving after taking the anti nausea tablet. She said the time had come to accept a syringe driver and hospice care and would I tell Martin and wake Mandy and set it in motion.

I phoned the 24/7 number and they said the message would be passed on to the hospice. We didn't know it would also be passed to the GP who contacted the hospice immediately and put arrangements in place.

Helen should be admitted to the hospice at 9am tomorrow .

Meanwhile she will accept personal care from the community nurses.

I've offered to sit with her tonight to give Martin a break but they won't let me.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sylvia. My heart breaks for you all. Wishing Helen calm and peace. Thank God you are all with her. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.