Broken hip....i knew this would happen

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Mum never had falls at home, she's been in hospital for assessment for 10 days and had 4 falls. Today I get a call stating she's been pushed over by another patient resulting of a hairline fracture to her femur. Just as I predicted would happen before she was admitted, at just under 5 stones she's incredibly vulnerable.

I fear the worst and an at breaking point....all this and I am supposed to go on holiday on saturday (had it booked for over a year!)

Feeling sick to the stomach...I fear the very worst now.

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Thanks Tin.....I am feeling so many feelings.......angry, despondent, helpless, sadness and I can't stop crying!

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
OMG :eek:

Gilly, I am so sorry :( Will they admit your mum to another hospital or ward now?

This must be such a nightmare for you, I cannot begin to think what to say. Wish I could be there to hand you tissues and make you a cup of tea.....

Take care Gilly :)

Lindy xx

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
What a dreadful shame for your mum and for you, awful thing to happen anyway and rubbish for it it happen just before your holiday. I'd be asking for a full explanation about this once you have got mum's treatment sorted.

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
OMG :eek:

Gilly, I am so sorry :( Will they admit your mum to another hospital or ward now?

This must be such a nightmare for you, I cannot begin to think what to say. Wish I could be there to hand you tissues and make you a cup of tea.....

Take care Gilly :)

Lindy xx

Hi Lindy
She has been taken to a general ward now, which is going to be a nightmare in itself, her being so delusional, agitated and disorientated, let alone her not eating, we are going from bad to worse, it's like a living nightmare, feel hopeless.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Lindy
She has been taken to a general ward now, which is going to be a nightmare in itself, her being so delusional, agitated and disorientated, let alone her not eating, we are going from bad to worse, it's like a living nightmare, feel hopeless.

You are not hopeless, gilly, the system is!!! :mad:

I am sure all the professionals are doing their best, but surely your mum needs better / different treatment? I'd be beside myself if I were you.....which of course you are.

Can only send you sympathy and hugs, hugs and more hugs xxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
This is a nightmare for you gilly. I do hope something can be sorted so you can enjoy your holiday.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Its only when I read posts like yours and I realise just how vulnerable our parents are. I try really hard to keep mum safe, just under 6 stone and on medication, your experience is my worse nightmare. Everything else she does pales in comparison to this. With a fracture, is she now on bed rest?

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
I feel sick to my stomach right now....it's just such a mess she should be getting assessed and the right treatment not this, this is just my worst fears coming to light and ones I expressed before she was admitted.

I can't tell you how much I need this holiday, it's been the only think positive to keep me going, me and my daughter are going before she goes off to uni, which is in itself an emotional time for me....why does everything happen at once?

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Its only when I read posts like yours and I realise just how vulnerable our parents are. I try really hard to keep mum safe, just under 6 stone and on medication, your experience is my worse nightmare. Everything else she does pales in comparison to this. With a fracture, is she now on bed rest?

I will find out more when I visit later, I am just waiting to hear where they are putting her, a support staff is with her from the assessment ward, which I think they should continue given her state of health, I don't think they'd be able to operate and to be honest I don't want them to put her through that, she's just skin and bone bless her.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Just a week Lindy, a cruise to Ireland and Scotland. I need a total break but know I will be worrying..

Of course you will worry gilly. However, is there anyone who can step into your shoes as it were. Visit your Mum/phone you with updates?

So sorry that you are going through this

Love

Lyn T XXXX

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Of course you will worry gilly. However, is there anyone who can step into your shoes as it were. Visit your Mum/phone you with updates?

So sorry that you are going through this

Love

Lyn T XXXX

Yes my hubby is at home...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keeley Jade