Broken hip....i knew this would happen

Blogg

Jul 24, 2014
What an awful thing to happen. I hope the hospital now provide your Mum with adequate support, not that it shove have got to this point in the first place. Thinking of you and your Mum.

Vesnina

Aug 25, 2013
My very best wishes as well...

I was standing near mother's bed or half-sitting on it until 4am last Thursday
until she was moved to a bed with rails.
Nobody around could understand, I was told they would watch etc,
but, of course, they cannot see everything...
In other situation - I am having vacations now - it would be impossible...

Many patients I know recovered beautifully after such problems
you have my very best wishes.

Last edited:

copsham

Oct 11, 2012
Oxfordshire
Dear Gillybean
What a nightmare for you. Everybody's worst nightmare. Your daughter deserves this little slice of you! You deserve a thoughtful week with her too.

I must say when friends daughters have gone to uni they have kept in a lot of contact but when friends sons have gone to uni there has been a lot less contact.

Can your hubby link to this forum to support him to be as active as you are?
Just so UNFAIR xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Yes my hubby is at home...

Perhaps it would be a good idea to take that holiday? Your Husband is close to the situation-he would know if you were needed to come back.

Your Daughter needs this time with you, and you sound as though you are desperate for a break.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Lyn T

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Thank you all for your support.
Fortunately (at the moment) she has a support worker with her, they are going do a scan as they aren't sure about the break. Then they may operate :eek::eek: so scared for her, she asked me when she could come tonight, heartbreaking. I have an awful feeling about this just because of her weight and the rehab and recovery...

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Thinking of you and your mum, gilly xxx

Re the holiday, would you be able to come back if necessary during it? I really hope you are able to go, it sounds as though you and your daughter need the time.

Love and hugs to you :)

Lindy xx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Thank you all for your support.
Fortunately (at the moment) she has a support worker with her, they are going do a scan as they aren't sure about the break. Then they may operate :eek::eek: so scared for her, she asked me when she could come tonight, heartbreaking. I have an awful feeling about this just because of her weight and the rehab and recovery...

Oh gilly, I can imagine only too well how you feel :( :( Your poor mum, and poor you :(

In my thoughts tonight xxx

onlyme247

May 21, 2014
N.W.England
Thoughts and prayers are with you your lovely Mum and family Gillybean.I find it so sad that the powers that be just do not listen when you and others could see this coming.
Take care tonight .

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
What a worry for you, and how awful for it to happen so soon before your holiday.

Terrible that such a thing could happen in hospital. I hope your fears for your mum will be needless, though. My mother was over 90 and very thin when she fell and broke a hip but she did make a surprisingly good and quick recovery. I do hope you will find the same.

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
What a worry for you, and how awful for it to happen so soon before your holiday.

Terrible that such a thing could happen in hospital. I hope your fears for your mum will be needless, though. My mother was over 90 and very thin when she fell and broke a hip but she did make a surprisingly good and quick recovery. I do hope you will find the same.

Thanks, you have given me hope, though at under 5 stone it may be a big risk...

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Still waiting to hear about the scan, meanwhile I have had a response from PALS...

I am sorry to hear about yr woes. As your Mum is 80 (and I assume not on
any kind of section) your need to contact Age UK. They provide the
advocacy service in this region for people your Mum's age

Not the response I'd hoped for

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Still waiting to hear about the scan, meanwhile I have had a response from PALS...

Not the response I would have hoped for either. It is a hospital matter.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds

Morning gilly :) Hope you got some rest last night.

Err, no, not the response I'd have expected either. I guess if you feel your mum needs an advocate ( other than you or your family), AgeUK is the way to go (though what relevance your mother's age has to her clinical treatment somewhat baffles me :mad:).

If you want to complain, perhaps you have to literally send in a complaint.

All at a time when I would imagine you want to concentrate your energies on your mum ......

Good luck today :) Keep us posted when you get the chance

Chin up gilly :)

Lindy xx

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Just spoke to local AZ branch, more helpful, she wants me to call her back when I have more news later, hard to speak as really emotional, she also said to write everything down...

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Morning gilly :) Hope you got some rest last night.

Err, no, not the response I'd have expected either. I guess if you feel your mum needs an advocate ( other than you or your family), AgeUK is the way to go (though what relevance your mother's age has to her clinical treatment somewhat baffles me :mad:).

If you want to complain, perhaps you have to literally send in a complaint.

All at a time when I would imagine you want to concentrate your energies on your mum ......

Good luck today :) Keep us posted when you get the chance

Chin up gilly :)

Lindy xx

Thanks Lindy
Right now I need to concentrate on Mum not complaining, she's my priority. She doesn't need an advocate, I mean how could that work with her communication right now! Just sat waiting for results, awful tense times. Keep feeling nauseous, horrible

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Really feel for you gilly :( and I'm sure your mum could not have a better advocate than you, in any case!!

I can imagine how you feel. Are you eating (and especially drinking) reasonably? Peppermint tea maybe?

Keep your strength up :) (((Hugs )))

Lindy xx