Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Good morning Carara, hope the night was more peaceful xx

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Talking Point mobile app

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Good morning Carara.
Things do sound very peaceful. Keep in mind what a fantastic job we all know you are doing and it will give you strength.
Love xx

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I hope everything is ok I'm used to getting a morning update on this thread already.

In my thoughts.

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Hi Everyone

Pied your post brought tears to my eyes but thankyou so much your very reassuring to me----and gosh do I need the strength now even more than before
Im very emotional today :eek::eek::eek: been upset all morning :eek::eek::eek: I thought I was going to be stronger than this but I feel like a wreck,not tired wreck but emotional wreck

Mil is very very settled,she didn`t cry out at all during the night ,stayed in the same place with eyes half open anf mouth open

She`s taking 10 large breaths,then 2 teeny ones (which you can`t hear but see her stomach move only slightly)then nothing !! For ages !!

Carers came and I asked them to just change her nappy and wipe her face gently----- nothing else

The quietness is not right...I never thought in a million years I would say this but I actually miss her :eek: whether its her attitude or just her presence I dunno but something isn`t right in this house today :confused::confused:
Or is it the fact that she kept me on my toes,I dunno !!

x x x x

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Oh Carara of course you will miss her as she has been in your home for so long. I felt like that when my MIL had a fit the other Saturday. You are doing a marvellous job there. It can't be long now x x x x

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
I have nothing to offer but supportive hugs and to wish you strength and peace in the time ahead. I hope you can take comfort from the knowledge that you have been able to give such great care which will enable your MiL to slip away peacefully when the time is right.
Take care
xx

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Talking Point mobile app

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Sending you hugs, wish I had wise words for you right now, but you MIL is very lucky to have you. How is hubby today?

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
You are being tested Carara and when the end does come it will still probably shock you if you're anything like I was. I did feel totally at sea emotionally, I thought at one point I was losing my mind. Now I look back I can see I was tired out and exhausted. I suspect that is what is bringing your tears.
You are stronger than you think and braver than you feel. SallyC told me that once and I found it handy to keep in my mind as Mum passed.
I do think the syringe driver will keep MiL settled and will allow her to relax and let go of her tight hold on life. Dying takes its own time and as the nurse told me, nobody tells you how to die. Everyone has to find their own way, and some people find it easier than others.
You are amazing, you are giving your mum the sort of care I wanted to give my mum. X

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Thanks so much every one of you

Nurses came this lunch time

Shook her head said it won`t be long,

Breathing is at 8 breaths then a massive silence for what seems like eternity

Her pulse is so weak even nurse said that..

Her eyes half open & glassy looking

I just pulled her arms out of the duvet as thats how she always slept :)

x xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Sending hugs and hoping this serenity lasts. I'm sure it will. Sure also your MiL can still hear your voice which will be a hugely comforting sound to her. Take care xx

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Thanks so much every one of you

Nurses came this lunch time

Shook her head said it won`t be long,

Breathing is at 8 breaths then a massive silence for what seems like eternity

Her pulse is so weak even nurse said that..

Her eyes half open & glassy looking

I just pulled her arms out of the duvet as thats how she always slept :)

x xx

The nurse hasn't met your MIL. Thoughts are still with you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh my goodness. You must be an emotional wreck. I hope you manage a peaceful night.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
When the nurse said to me that Mum had 3 hours to live at most, she actually lived another 17 hours. I think this just shows that they can't say what's going to happen. Just know that there will be an end to this, I promise x
I didn't believe Mum could look any worse, but she managed to. Yes, her face went hard too. I think it's all the hydration leaving the tissues.
Thinking of you xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finbar54