Mil Very Near End Of Life ??

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
(My mum's pressure sore totally broke down at the end and her entire spine was exposed.)
I hope she was so out of it on morphine that she did not notice what was happening. Hopefully your MiL is in a coma and unaware of the changes. She just has a very strong heart and lungs. Like my mum, and Kassy's.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
You are witnessing a very powerful holding onto life and a powerful letting go, too. I doubt you will feel quite the same about life after this. I don't think I feel the same about life.
We are all here behind you willing you strength xx

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Thankyou Pied

We need all the strength we can get as Mil zapped ours :)

I think your right,I will never feel the same again about life or death :(

Didnt think it would be this hard :eek:

x x x

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Carara

its hard for me to remember what devastating effects death can have on a person/family. I am just so used to it. With work I just got so used to it and my father died when I was 29yrs old and I was very mechanical and 'cold' over the whole thing. I did grieve though after some weeks

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Only just had chance to log in and amazed that presumably your MiL is still here. I do hope she has a peaceful release soon. This reminds me so much of when my sister was dying,(I was her carer) and with all the signs and changes you have mentioned, it was impossible to know how long it would be.

I do know from nursing days that some people do seem to hold on until they are alone, so should you not be there or be asleep, it may have been what she chose. So try not to feel bad if it happens that way.

Caring, supportive hugs to you all
xxx

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Talking Point mobile app

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Hi All

Thankyou so much for your support & kind words

Mom passed away at 7.45pm tonight

Holding my hand & huby stood at side she gave huge smile,flicked her eyes and eventually slipped away

The day has been sheer torture but she`s now Thankfully at peace

x x x

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Glad your MIL has peace at last, Carara. You & Hubby have done so well. I hope you can both rest a little now.

Lin x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so sorry that you have lost your mother but glad, for her sake, that she is now at peace and free from the pain of this dreadful disease. Please accept my sincere sympathy. xxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
My condolences Carara, to you and your family. I am glad your MiL passed peacefully in the end and am sure it helped her so much to have had your loving care.

Wishing you strength for the days ahead, be kind to yourselves and realise that you are physically and emotionally drained so things that you think that of course you can manage, may not be so easy.

Lucky MiL having such a caring daughter in law and lucky husband too.

Take good care of yourself and hope you can get some rest tonight.

Hugs

xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sending my condolences for your loss. You have been on an awful journey but I'm glad your MIL has eventually found peace. Take care of each other. x

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
How nice that she passed with a smile on her face. Please accept my sincere condolences, and do try to rest now, you have all been through the mill and must be exhausted xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Dear Carara
You have been through such an intense time that things will seem a little surreal for a while I think.
I send you all my sympathy, love and prayers for the future days and weeks. You have nothing to regret. Don't allow any doubts to creep in - you could not have done more. I hope I am as well looked after as your MiL. She smiled at the last - she finally found the peace she was searching for. Hope this brings you peace too.
God bless xxxx

Eternity

Jul 17, 2013
London
Carara,

You have been an inspiration over the weeks and weeks that I have read your posts.

Condolences to you and your husband, your MiL has found peace

grobertson62

Mar 7, 2011
Sheffield
My condolences to you and your family. It has been such a tough time. But mum is at peace and whole again.
I pray you find rest tonight and a strength to sustain you over the coming days
I know how tough this can be
Gill

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
My condolences to you all, and my admiration. It has been so difficult, I hope you all find comfort that she is now at peace.

Love Helen xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew