Grumpy OH

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
My friend has just gone home we have had a nice girly chat & laugh. This is the one i go walking with. OH hadnt a clue who she was & even as she left he was still baffled. As i set her too her car she said he doesnt know who i am today does he. I could tell when he got up he is really confused today like staring & very tired. He will have heard me say her name as we were talking but today it certainly isnt registering at all. His memory gets worse by the day !!!!!!

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Good news, Beads. It might mean you can have a couple of days off every now and then.
I am so glad all of you enjoyed the wedding and you had " a lovely day with no stress ".
Thankyou margherita, i have just posted about OH. He is strange today all stary & really confused . Plus the usual no talking , which is the norm here really. Definetley didnt know my friend that i have had for the last 35 years. xxx

longlostfan

Aug 14, 2016
Hi @Beads glad the wedding went off ok and that you had a great day. It sounds as tho you had a day out of time for once and that’s brilliant.
You mention that your OH has been strange......so has mine, even stranger than normal and that’s saying something!
Am putting it down to the weather which has been very oppressive here today. He’s been insistent that he’s been to his old workplace and getting aggressive when I said he hadn’t.....usually I would agree or whatever but it’s been interspersed with believing he can drive which I have to tell him he can’t, for obvious safety reasons even tho the car keys are hidden by my son.
Think we need a good storm to clear the air in every way. This is not helped by my continuing woozy feeling- don’t think the weather helps that either. Am feeling in a bit of a Beam me up Scotty mood today! Lol!
Xxxxxx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi Beads, I'm ok thanks,still going for walks but not so many as even OH is moaning about the heat, unfortunately he still will not go to day care, so that means I'm with him 24/7 as I can't leave him alone as he would just wander off also I can't remember the last time he made a drink or got himself something to eat. Still I shouldn't grumble he is still being nice, just hope Mr Nasty has gone for good.Well this has taken me ages to write as I am also watching the voice kids, hope you have a peaceful night. Lxx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
I miss those girly chats so much.
Not a soul to speak with..
Oh bless you @margherita it must be dreadful living as you do . Never seeing anyone other than OH & the lady that helps out . Girly chats can really brighten our days up. I hope it is not long till you can have a visit to Milan & have a catch up with your friends it so helps. A.xxxx

longlostfan

Aug 14, 2016
I feel very bleak today. I feel that my OH is sapping all my mental energy and strength, yet I have a son who is in need of support and he is more important to me, but I can’t really help him except be there for him. Had my husband been more supportive and willing to put more effort in really being a dad when it counted I think things would have been so different . I know I will go on caring for my husband but my heart and mind are elsewhere. My children will always be first. My husband had 10 years of retirement before he developed AD and he did exactly what he wanted to do without really helping me whilst I still worked daily, never getting a meal ready or doing any housework etc but living life the way he wanted. I will never have that now. Sorry this is so self pitying but I need to put these feelings somewhere - outwardly everyone that sees my husband chats nicely to him and he responds so they don’t see the inner turmoil in me, why should they. Can only put my feelings on here where I know they will be understood. Sorry for the self pity, just need to dump today!

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Might he have some kind of infection?
I will keep an eye on him today see how he is. We at Warfarin clinic this afternoon. I heard him up quite a few times through the night . I got up to check he was in bed ok. He had his bedroom door open & light on all night. He has been up to bathroom & has gone back to bed . He will be shattered as he was up so much. Me i am quite used to being awake im lucky if i get 3 hrs a night . A xx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi @Beads glad the wedding went off ok and that you had a great day. It sounds as tho you had a day out of time for once and that’s brilliant.
You mention that your OH has been strange......so has mine, even stranger than normal and that’s saying something!
Am putting it down to the weather which has been very oppressive here today. He’s been insistent that he’s been to his old workplace and getting aggressive when I said he hadn’t.....usually I would agree or whatever but it’s been interspersed with believing he can drive which I have to tell him he can’t, for obvious safety reasons even tho the car keys are hidden by my son.
Think we need a good storm to clear the air in every way. This is not helped by my continuing woozy feeling- don’t think the weather helps that either. Am feeling in a bit of a Beam me up Scotty mood today! Lol!
Xxxxxx
Hi @longlostfan thankyou it was a beautiful day. You still have your woozy feeling it sure is dragging on this hot humid weather certainly wont help . You must be fed up . Sending you (((hugs)).This dementia can change with them so quickly. Could be the heat aswell like you say . Gonna keep an eye today or as margherita said possible infection. We had a storm here the other day really bad one it did clear the air somewhat . Today it is glorious again . Oh if you do get beamed up i will give you my location & come for me please. Ha ha. The car issue continues does it . They obsess about things dont they . My OH went through stages of money then the car then the house . Now he seems to have forgotten about the car & money . Just aswell cos it was doing my head in. I hope you lose your woozy feeling soon , you take good care of yourself @longlostfan speak soon. Axxxx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
I feel very bleak today. I feel that my OH is sapping all my mental energy and strength, yet I have a son who is in need of support and he is more important to me, but I can’t really help him except be there for him. Had my husband been more supportive and willing to put more effort in really being a dad when it counted I think things would have been so different . I know I will go on caring for my husband but my heart and mind are elsewhere. My children will always be first. My husband had 10 years of retirement before he developed AD and he did exactly what he wanted to do without really helping me whilst I still worked daily, never getting a meal ready or doing any housework etc but living life the way he wanted. I will never have that now. Sorry this is so self pitying but I need to put these feelings somewhere - outwardly everyone that sees my husband chats nicely to him and he responds so they don’t see the inner turmoil in me, why should they. Can only put my feelings on here where I know they will be understood. Sorry for the self pity, just need to dump today!
Oh bless you @longlostfan . This caring for our OH really does take its toll on us. You should never feel sorry for saying how you feel. You are doing your best for your OH & in the process your not 100% yourself. I think you are fantastic. I understand where you are coming from about your son. I agree with you they are important your kids & if our OH’s had had more involvment & shown interest it would have helped greatly. Like yourself i cant forget whats gone before & my kids i also put first. As its always been just them & me. Never once have they been able to go to there dad & talk to him about anything if they had a problem. I have been both mam & dad. I think the inner turmoil is in all of us carers . In a day i can have so many mood changes its scary. I think that we are looking after them as best we can , we never asked to be a carer it was just thrust on us. We cant help having the feelings we do. Whats gone before certainly doesnt help at all. So @longlostfan you dump away it will be m turn next. Take care look after yourself we all deserve better. One day i hope we can be happy . Bye for now. Axxxx

longlostfan

Aug 14, 2016
Oh bless you @longlostfan . This caring for our OH really does take its toll on us. You should never feel sorry for saying how you feel. You are doing your best for your OH & in the process your not 100% yourself. I think you are fantastic. I understand where you are coming from about your son. I agree with you they are important your kids & if our OH’s had had more involvment & shown interest it would have helped greatly. Like yourself i cant forget whats gone before & my kids i also put first. As its always been just them & me. Never once have they been able to go to there dad & talk to him about anything if they had a problem. I have been both mam & dad. I think the inner turmoil is in all of us carers . In a day i can have so many mood changes its scary. I think that we are looking after them as best we can , we never asked to be a carer it was just thrust on us. We cant help having the feelings we do. Whats gone before certainly doesnt help at all. So @longlostfan you dump away it will be m turn next. Take care look after yourself we all deserve better. One day i hope we can be happy . Bye for now. Axxxx
@Beads thanks - I really needed a sympathetic ear today and I know you understand, being in the same position. So much appreciated, and yes, we all deserve better. Love xx

Beads

Jul 19, 2017
Hi Beads, I'm ok thanks,still going for walks but not so many as even OH is moaning about the heat, unfortunately he still will not go to day care, so that means I'm with him 24/7 as I can't leave him alone as he would just wander off also I can't remember the last time he made a drink or got himself something to eat. Still I shouldn't grumble he is still being nice, just hope Mr Nasty has gone for good.Well this has taken me ages to write as I am also watching the voice kids, hope you have a peaceful night. Lxx
Hi @Rosebush ye its a tad hot to be doing to many walks even the dog wouldnt be able to cope with it. I hope also that Mr Nasty has gone forever certainly will make a difference. Do you think this is another stage he has gone onto or has he had any of his meds changed that could have made the difference. As i have said before your husband is more advanced than mine . Being with them 24/7 i would find horrendous . You need some me time for your own sanity. I suppose as his dementia moves on then hopefully you will be able to make the decision for day centre. OH had a horrible night trips to the loo just wandering , he was never downstairs though cos alarm didnt go off. I was expecting it too but thankfully it never happened. Take care @Rosebush speak soon. Axxx

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
New South Wales Australia

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
My son comes first, too.
I would do anything to help and protect him.
He is not OH's son because mine is a second marriage. My husband has always lived as he wanted, regardless of other people's needs. His selfishness is increasing , he doesn't understand I am unhappy with him in his house. He is so used to prevaricating and thinking of himself only that he can't see my sacrifices, let alone be grateful for them.
As I often say, I hope , one day, I can make the right decisions for both of us. I do not want to be a full time carer until his death or mine.

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi Beads, still quiet here, OH asleep at the moment and I'm watching the tour de France, such lovely scenery reminds me of my favourite place Switzerland, must be 10 years since we went there. Anyway if you want a laugh last night when I was watering the garden the hose suddenly exploded and I was soaked from head to foot, wouldn't mind but I've only had it about 3 weeks! Oh and the day before I put some food out for the birds and so many came that the whole thing collapsed under the weight, seeds fat balls and water everywhere!, must have frightened them because I haven't seen many since. All for now. Lxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jodonbers