Me - I haven't made one
Him - You just said you had made one
Me - No I said can you make one
Him - YES I KNOW I AM GOING TO MAKE ONE NOW

These sort of conversations happen many times per day
Oh my goodness, yep this is pretty much my life !!! I’m with you in spirit

annieka 56

Aug 8, 2022
One of the reasons I try never to let my husband know I am struggling with the housework is because he will say I can pay someone else to do it. Not that they would like some of the cleaning I have to do because he is less than fastidious in the bathroom! This is because he lived overseas for many years with live-in servants. I have a bit of a block about getting someone to help, but will have to do it eventually.

annieka 56

Aug 8, 2022
I understand about the block of getting someone to help. It's a tough one isn't it.
But when we can't do absolutely everything on our own, it's wise to start somewhere to lighten the load.
At present we have a carer who has to be male to help me cope with the aggression during personal care. After that and while the carer is still here, I must admit I do the rubber gloves cleaning myself.

Anthoula

Apr 22, 2022
One of the reasons I try never to let my husband know I am struggling with the housework is because he will say I can pay someone else to do it. Not that they would like some of the cleaning I have to do because he is less than fastidious in the bathroom! This is because he lived overseas for many years with live-in servants. I have a bit of a block about getting someone to help, but will have to do it eventually.
I can empathise with you re. the having lived overseas and having had live-in servants. My OH is exactly the same, so untidy, and now is even worse as the dementia has progressed.

sapphire turner

Jan 14, 2022
I did have a cleaner for a bit but found it quite stressful, she was a forceful character and never shut up, kept moaning about my cleaning equipment.
I now have a carer to take my husband out two mornings a week (paid for by attendance allowance and giving up the cleaner) and it has been much better all round. The house isn’t so clean but hey-ho 😹😹😹

BeeBeeDee

Apr 19, 2023
mine is the same. i think i repeat everything at least 5 times. in the end i tell him im not repeating it again. he then will tell me what ive said. we think its a habit that he does automatically. sometimes i have to explain or describe what i want. he can make a cup of tea and dish dinner, it just takes so long to get some jobs done. he couldnt help me put a sheet on his bed when i asked. he doesnt link things together either
Mine too