advice please

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Hi @jennifer1967
As you know, living in England the weather is always changeable.
As you know, living with a PWD, the situation is always changeable.
Current troubles will pass.
Best wishes.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967
As you know, living in England the weather is always changeable.
As you know, living with a PWD, the situation is always changeable.
Current troubles will pass.
Best wishes.
i know but its frustrating. i only want one dry day.
tonight he felt his leg go to jelly and had to shout for me. i got there and sat him on the chair we have in the kitchen. he doesnt half scare me sometimes.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
called 111 again. ambulance coming out to check him out. he is still coughing, got light headed and collapsed in the kitchen. bruised his back on the table and didnt know where in the kitchen he was. i managed to use my moving and handling skills to get him up without hurting me. we were cooking dinner so ive switched it all off now. hes had anti-bios and steroids so i need to know whats happening with him before he scares me again. he couldnt call my name and i just heard loud grunts. he is now in his chair with a cup of tea waiting for the ambulance.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hello @jennifer1967 I am sorry to read about your husband but you have done the right thing in calling 111. Please keep us updated on his status.
ambulance been and had all the checks which he passed. they did recommend hospital but we made the decision that he was better left at home. ive got to phone the doctors tomorrow for some more rescue meds. still got a bit of a wheeze so maybe need different anti-bios. hes now fine and had a cup of tea. any more worries and have to phone 999 instead.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
ambulance been and had all the checks which he passed. they did recommend hospital but we made the decision that he was better left at home. ive got to phone the doctors tomorrow for some more rescue meds. still got a bit of a wheeze so maybe need different anti-bios. hes now fine and had a cup of tea. any more worries and have to phone 999 instead.
Fingers crossed that all will be well.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Oh I’m sorry to hear this Jennifer. I hope you get some help from the GP tomorrow. It wiped you out today - a nasty bug. I hope you both get good rest.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh I’m sorry to hear this Jennifer. I hope you get some help from the GP tomorrow. It wiped you out today - a nasty bug. I hope you both get good rest.
thank you. hes going to bed and my older son is coming over tomorrow. my daughter will pick up any prescriptions as they go to her pharmacy. its mentally that tires you out and what to do.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Is this a case of an infection having a much more severe effect on a person with dementia @jennifer1967 ?

You sound to have excellent handling skills . I was never able to help.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Is this a case of an infection having a much more severe effect on a person with dementia @jennifer1967 ?

You sound to have excellent handling skills . I was never able to help.
i think its the infection hitting harder as he has COPD as well so weaker in ther chest. i had to do moving and handling every year for 9 years and used it constantly when i worked. it tends to stick. first aid is another. i think people should do a first aid course as it can be useful for anyone, anywhere at any time

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
managed to get a call back from the doctor for this afternoon. my son is taking him out for a bit of shopping as he didnt want his dad going out alone. he seems ok but didnt sleep very well as he was worried he wouldnt wake up. lovely bruise on his back where he hit it. at least i get 5 minutes to myself.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
what a change!!! it used to be like an olympic sport trying to prise him out of bed. i quite liked the 1/2hr peace to wake up a bit. now hes like a teenager high on E numbers. hes up and out, dressed and calling me now. makes me a cup of tea and generally bopping around. the cheekiness has come out as well. then he goes to sleep in his chair. hes going back to the shed monday!!! he can annoy them instead of me!!!