You couldn't make it up!

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Thinking of you both here too Jinx. Everything seems to have happened so quickly I'm not surprised you are feeling overwhelmed.
Love and blessings to you both.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Thank you all, as always I really value your support. B is sleeping a lot, which is to be expected. He is still managing to drink a bit although swallowing is a big effort, and he has eaten ice cream today, but that!s all. He did wake up enough briefly to realise I was there today and reached out for my hand but was soon asleep again. xxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Thank you all, as always I really value your support. B is sleeping a lot, which is to be expected. He is still managing to drink a bit although swallowing is a big effort, and he has eaten ice cream today, but that!s all. He did wake up enough briefly to realise I was there today and reached out for my hand but was soon asleep again. xxxxxx

B reaching out for your hand is so beautiful Jinx. Sending you both loads of hugs and support.

Aisling xxxxxxxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol

These are the little things that remind you your lovely person is still with you, so pleased for you Jinx. All the best to you both.

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi I can't get Peter in the shower ,so I give him a full body wash as long as he is clean I don't care ,we have not got a walk in show I am having one put in than I hope he will go in it x

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Bernard has been a little more alert the past couple of days but he is still not eating much, has a horrendous bed sore and is still losing weight. They have him on a drip and are giving him IV antibiotics to try to prevent infection from the bed sore getting into his blood stream. He is being turned every two hours. His swallowing ability is also a bit compromised so he is having to have his drinks thickened and all food puréed. I have no idea how long he can carry on like this, it is a very hard time for him and all the family. He still knows us all which is a blessing.

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Dear Jinx, that must be so hard for you and poor Bernard. I am so sorry for the pain you are experiencing. A comfort for you that he still recognises you, and for him that you are there to care for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
So sorry for the terribly hard time you and Bernard and the whole family are going through Jinx. No words of comfort are enough but just wishing you strength and a measure of peace in the midst of this storm.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx