You couldn't make it up!

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Lovely to hear a bit better news about Bernard Jinx, so nice you got a smile. Hoping things go on this way for you both.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
No good news I'm afraid, B was very unwell yesterday, hardly eating and only taking sips of liquid. He slept a lot but developed another high temperature yesterday afternoon, which necessitated IV paracetamol. They also told me that the pressure areas on his bottom have broken down. They have taken more samples for culture. But they're talking about sending him back to the care home as he is 'medically' OK?? I am in turmoil.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Jinx I'm so sorry to read this. He certainly doesn't sound medically ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
So sorry to read this jinx. I hope Bernard improves but maybe the hospital have done all they can and Bernard will be more comfortable in familiar surroundings.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
No good news I'm afraid, B was very unwell yesterday, hardly eating and only taking sips of liquid. He slept a lot but developed another high temperature yesterday afternoon, which necessitated IV paracetamol. They also told me that the pressure areas on his bottom have broken down. They have taken more samples for culture. But they're talking about sending him back to the care home as he is 'medically' OK?? I am in turmoil.

Sorry Bernard is still poorly, Jinx. From previous experience I hope they don't sent him back to the CH until they are sure he is more stable. Best wishes to you both.

thebes

Feb 10, 2014
London
Just joining in with sending lots of supportive thoughts your way, what a roller coaster ride you are on. I hope all settles down better in the next few days, Big hugs as my family say, you deserve them

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I had a conversation with B's doctor this afternoon. B is now so frail that the doctor doesn't anticipate him being discharged. They will keep him comfortable and continue to offer food and liquids but if he refuses there will not be any intervention. He has been taken off warfarin so not so many blood tests required. It has all happened in such a relatively short space of time I am finding it difficult to take in.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Jinx I'm so sorry to hear this. It must be so hard to take in.

Thinking of you and wishing you strength.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix