William has gone

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Morning LadyA. I hope you managed to get a bit of sleep last night. Now a different phase in your life .is about to start for you. I hope you have someone to support you (if that is what you want) or solitude if that will make you start to come to terms with your feelings. After Pete died I felt very restless but didn't actually seem to do anything! Started jobs-left them unfinished-so eventually I did a couple of bits of paperwork each day and I forced myself to do something small -it can help. Above all accept how you feel as natural; whether that is anger/sadness or relief that William is no longer suffering.

Thinking of you

Love

Lyn T XX

Wise words Lyn

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Huggs Lady A, sorry not been about recently, but glad everything went well. I was just thinking it is 5yrs since I lost Dad, miss him everyday

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
After being very poised and composed all day yesterday, I knew it would happen. I DID sleep last night, which I hadn't really all week. Today we all decided (me, dau and William's family) to go to the graveyard. I wanted to water the flowers people had brought.
When I saw the grave filled in with the flowers on it, and the grave marker in place with William's name and date of death, I fell apart completely.
Afterwards, William's son in law, who preached the sermon yesterday, took all the family to a swank hotel for a good Sunday lunch. There were ten of us altogether! And I ate quite a bit, I am surprised to say - we are all sandwiched out! A proper meal was good!
Now, thankfully, all the rest have gone for a long walk, and my bad knee prevented me from going. So I get a little peace and space to cry.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
It was bound to hit you and it's impossible in my view to visit the fresh grave of a loved one and not be deeply affected. I'm glad you re being looked after and also having a bit of peace to pull your thoughts together. Wishing you strength and peace. xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It was bound to hit you and it's impossible in my view to visit the fresh grave of a loved one and not be deeply affected. I'm glad you re being looked after and also having a bit of peace to pull your thoughts together. Wishing you strength and peace. xx

You know what it was Jinx? His grave looks so tiny! It's almost like a child's grave.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
A brave move Lady A and bound to affect you deeply.Lucky you have had a breathing space. Sometimes I think people don't realise that time alone is important.
Wishing you strength, which you already have in abundance, and peace to remember William.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My daughter turned out to be very traditional - and it's traditional here, although dying out mostly in modern times, for newly bereaved female members of the immediate family not to go out on their own until after the funeral, so they'd have some emotional support if they got upset. Dau has stuck to me like glue - I haven't been allowed to drive myself anywhere all week! Bless her.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Lovely to hear how caring your daughter has been, I'm sure she will be looking out for you and making sure you're coping. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Can understand why it suddenly hit you. When my father died many years ago I was like a zombie until I saw his small box of ashes. Then the pain set in. I'm glad you have some time for yourself and perhaps when everyone has gone home you and your lovely dau can grieve together. I'm sure your SIL is giving her support and comfort too. xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I mean, is she coping? She's keeping herself so very busy.

Everyone has their own coping mechanisms and hers is probably being met by caring for you. At the moment. I'm sure you'll be there for each other when her need arises.

You've been a brave girl, LadyA, and done your William proud xxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
My apologies lady a, my brain has gone to sleep before my body as usual.As Scarlett says, looking after you gives her a reason not to fall apart herself. Only when the public things have been done will you both know how you really feel and help each other through the personal and private grieving.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Lady A I am glad your daughter is there for you looking after you is probably her way of coping my thoughts are with you be kind to yourself xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Morning LadyA. No traditions in my little family but when Pete passed Dau was on the train down to me and did everything. Phoned people, made me eat etc. Roll reversal I think:confused: I also think she was concerned I would 'break' and she wanted to watch over me. To be honest we comforted each other emotionally-but I did feel a bit suffocated . On top of the obvious upset and heartbreak I had a bit of a reaction and was physically sick for two days-not nice for M. Then came Xmas (Pete's funeral was a month after he died). Son in law joined the 'looking after Mum' team and booked a meal for Xmas day in a fish restaurant (less obvious celebrations). People do what they can because they love you-whether that's through tradition, or love or both.

Accept the care and concern when you need it, but if you also need time on your own don't be afraid to seek your own company. Early days for you LadyA; I hope you find peace in your own way.

Much love

Lyn T XX

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I'm sure you will have time when everything has settled to talk to your dau about how she is feeling. You will both have your own way of coping and she will want to get you through these first dark days as best she can. I know it's a very well worn cliche but time does help and I am sure things will eventually become more normal for both of you. x