Who am I ? I won't know myself soon!!!

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Yep @Woo2 us in britain should be used to summer not necessarily meaning sun shouldn’t we. ??
Sis went to mums just before 12 and carer was just getting ready to leave, apparently carer and mum were chatting away. We popped in with shopping after click n collect n had cuppa n biscuit with mum n sis and then hubby and I came away. Mum was telling me I’ve got a new carer, shes nice, she likes my house n garden. Seems mum gave her grand tour bless her. Can’t say how pleased we all were with that.
A few times before we left mum asked if all coming back to mine, usually when family visits we all go to mine, we said we were going home to put shopping away and would leave her with sis for bit cos they don’t get much time together. Mum seemed bit sorry to see me go and also said ‘she doesn’t talk much’ about sis and also that she hadn’t seen me n hubby for ages so I joked that she sees me everyday so it be nice for her have a change.
As we were leaving mum asked if we would see her later so we just said maybe later on. I gave her hug and pretended to flop on her and not be able to get up to make her laugh and she told me to ‘get up you daft sod’. We left just saying bye and have fun you two.
Will see how sis gets on now mum was doing her puzzles wen sis text bit ago so should be ok for a while, touch wood ??
Going to try relax for bit, I mentioned to hubby I could get some work round house done while I’m home and he gave me a stern look and said no. Lol

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Fab news about new carer :) I think this helps you hugely and also it shows your mum is accepting of new people so if you need to use the SS carers she may say she will refuse them but in reality she won’t , helps that you arranged carers yourself so she is alreadt used to them? ha ha well done Mr @annielou? give that man a pat on the back ! Now in the nicest possible way get off here and spend some quality time together?? X

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Lol and thanks @canary @Woo2 xx
It sounds silly but it feels odd and I don’t really know what to do. ? On carer afternoons I usually do ironing and housework and on other nights when we get home I usually sort the washing and do odd bits then just tend to sit about on laptop or half watching tele while thinking and worrying about mum. Hubby has got a book out but I’m still thinking I should be using the time to get something useful done. I won’t though I will look at magazine, or something. I might even look at houses for sale on the internet, something I used to do ages ago just to be nosey and remembered last week as our neighbour has just put her house up and sold it. Its a complete waste of time as I’m not moving I just like looking and in past could easily lose an hour doing it.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
You should force yourself to do something nice , forget everyone else for a couple of hours , go for a picnic , a pub garden for a bite to eat , a drive somewhere nice , or even a date afternoon as you have sis there in evening don’t you ? Do something spontaneous just the two of you . Hubby and I had a stressful time and he kept trying to get me to go out and do something , eventually I listened and it was good , that’s why we are arranging carer so we can occasionally go out on a evening just the two of us .

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
So glad to hear that Carer worked out this morning. Hopefully you did relax this afternoon. I hope tomorrow is the same.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hope you aren’t on here because you are having some relaxing time ? Thinking of you and hope you are doing ok . X

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Thanks @Starting on a journey @Woo2 @Bikerbeth xxx
I managed to lose a few hours yesterday looking at bungalows online that we're not going to buy and then snuggled up and watched a bit of tele with hubby. When sis came back in the evening we talked a bit about mum and then chatted about other things for a bit as sis and I rarely talk about much other than mum nowadays so that was nice. Her and partner had briefly thought of moving recently so she'd looked at houses local to her and we ended up showing each other houses online for a while which was fun. Hubby almost talked me into getting our house valued as we've lived here almost 26 years and have been surprised at prices lately and wondered what ours is worth now. He seemed to get quite excited at idea of moving, :oops: I said it's supposed to be one of most stressful things you can do, he said It will seem like a walk in the park after all stress we had lately. I told him we still have that stress so don't want to be adding to it, we've been going to have a new kitchen done for almost 2 years and haven't had time to go shopping let alone arrange it and I can't imagine living with the mess of it for weeks on end, so moving house gives me the willys. But I did enjoy looking.
Today sis went over to mums at lunchtime, hubby didn't go over till about 5, we wanted to be there when sis left and spend a bit of time with mum in case she got upset. Sis left mums about an hour after we got there and we had tea straight after, mum was bit sad when sis left but I think having our tea distracted her so she was ok which was good. Hubby and I stayed for about another hour before leaving mum at half seven-ish.
Mum's been ok this weekend, confused on and off, but a lot more relaxed than she's been last few weekends. She did ring twice on friday night, first to ask me if us and sis had been cos she wasn't sure if it had happened or if she'd imagined it because she gets confused now and she didn't know where she'd been. Then she rang a second time a bit later upset and crying cos she was on her own and didn't know where W (my dad) was, what she was doing and where everybody had gone. But she has been fine with carer going both mornings and happy to see sis, she's lost who sis was a few times and me too, but has been quite calm about it. She kept saying she didn't want sis to go and when hubby and I were getting ready to leave tonight she said but I'll be on my own which was sad, I told her I'd be back in morning and she said Yeah I know you will won't you cos you're a good girl, and then she seemed ok.
It's felt a bit of an odd weekend but it's been Ok and gone quite well with new carer visit so I hope that continues . Hope you had good weekends x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Sounds like it’s been an ok few days :) Mum didn’t sound too put out of routine with sis there , so pleased for you . Glad you had a few hours off looking at houses. I like looking at the big expensive houses . Hope the rest of the evening goes ok. X

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
That sounds like a nice weekend @annielou . We like looking a houses on-line too. We'll get to move one of these days. We actually like our house but it is a bit too small and if we moved out of London we could have twice the house for half the money.
Sorry your mum has been phoning up confused this evening. I hope you managed to settle her. It must have been good to catch up with your sister too.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
It seems like there has been some real positives this weekend.
The Carers going in the morning went well Was it the same person each day?
You got some time to relax and do something you enjoy that was not housework (glad that hubby put foot down :))
You Mum and Sis managed together.
I know the confused phone call has probably raised your stress levels back up but I am so glad you have had a bit of a break and some time with hubby

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Thanks @Woo2 @Sarasa @Bikerbeth x x x Mum thought she'd not seen me for ages and wanted me to talk to her, she thought I'd just gone said she didn't expect me to live with her forever but I'd just gone, she said she'd been looking for my dad and her mum and also said she had no one now they were dead. She said she didn't see people now she didn't know who they were and she asked why she didn't know people and couldn't remember, she thought her mind had gone bless her. Mum sounded really confused and scared bless her which is heartbreaking to hear and must be heartbreaking for her to feel too. I answered her as gently as I could, tried to reassure her she was ok her brain was just getting tired, fibbed she knows me when I'm there and she'd remember tomorrow. It did calm her down a bit but she was still confused obviously but after couple of goes over same thing for a few minutes we said bye and I told her I'd see her in the morning and I loved her lots.
I thought with sis coming on friday the excitement would probably have been a bit unsettling and she might ring which she did and I thought maybe same tonight. I hoped us being there when sis left would make seem more normal and not as upsetting and having that hour might help but I half expected her to ring tonight.
Mum asked sis to ring her when she got home, sis text me ten minutes ago to let me know was home and was wondering whether should ring mum or not. We think might confuse mum more as she didn't mention sis on phone to me when rung upset and getting a call this late from sis saying she's home may set mum off asking Why where have you been? and then feeling bad if mum doesn't remember sis been with her today, which there is a good chance she won't.
Apart from the calls friday night and sunday night it has been a good weeeknd.
Bet you could buy a mansion round here with london money @Sarasa.
I like looking at pics of houses big and small and noseying at peoples tastes and decorating ideas. I keep fancying a bungalow, I like the idea of no stairs as they do hurt my legs and I like the idea of being able to go from room to room cleaning without dragging hoovers etc up and down stairs and just being able to pop down the hall to put something away or fetch something rather than all way up or downstairs too. We have stayed in single storey lodges and flats on holiday and mum has a bungalow and over the years hubby and I have come to really liked the idea of them. As bungalows are usually dearer than houses and we didn't want another mortgage after we paid ours off bout 5 year ago we've not really considered it as being a doable option. We thought maybe when we got older we might downsize and go for a 2 bed bungalow as be a bit cheaper. Then hubby was saying yesterday do we really need 3 beds now as only us.
We thought we'd have kids when moved here almost 26 years ago so 3 bedrooms was going to be handy. Over the years we've had my sister and/or her kids visiting us a good few times a year so having 3 bedrooms has been handy but now they're all older so doubt will come much with their mum now. One bedroom has been mainly used as place for clothes airers and ironing cupboard with fold up bed in it for odd visit for quite a while now. We cud keep fold up bed and put it up in living room or something if need be if we had more visitors than fit in a spare room in a two bed bungalow so maybe we could manage. Hardest bit would be fitting all hubbys books and things and all my crafting materials and stock into a smaller house though as we have tons and tons of stuff. It's tempting though but I think we have enough on at moment. I did enjoy looking though

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Sorry to hear your Mum was very confused again last night but glad that you were able to settle her. I like looking at houses too. Before me and OH moved in together in a house we both lived in Bungalows. His was a ‘genuine’ bungalow but mine had had a loft conversion. We had though about buying ‘Mum’s’ bungalow as it is lovely in so many ways but garage is not big enough to garage bikes. We would also have to move Mum again so decided against it.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I’m guessing as sister had been there she was thinking of the old times when the three of you lived together . Hope today has been ok for you ?

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Thanks @Bikerbeth @Woo2 xx
Mums had quite a good day today, but then rang my mobile about 1/2 an hour after we left tonight annoyed I had only been there for 5 minutes and hadn't spoke to her. Bless her, she was annoyed and then upset that she couldn't remember me being there, when I'd been there for 8 and 1/2 hours, or what we'd done and she said she'd come inside after we left and been mad and upset thinking we'd just been there a few minutes and ignored her. She said she was sorry and I told her not to worry it didn't matter and also the usual things about her brain getting tired and mixing up memories, that I loved her lots and would see her tomorrow. Its sad hearing her getting annoyed and upset over things and knowing she can't remember when we've had a nice day

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
That is sad and upsetting. How terrible that your Mum can’t remember you had a nice day even if she can’t remember what she did.
Sending you ???