• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

WHERE TO NEXT?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I think it’s standard to isolate new people in their rooms for a couple of weeks. The home should have facilities for testing. Your mum’s social worker should know all the details.

Orchid orchid

Dec 1, 2020
Thank you ,Bunpoots.Shes just had the test.Here at our house.They say she can go in Monday.! She took the news better than I expected.

Orchid orchid

Dec 1, 2020
Bunboots,I've already decided I don't want my mum back.I think it will take a lot of time for me to recover from this.Can they make me have her back if I don't want her here?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
@Orchid orchid if it's your house I wouldn't think so. I had to battle to keep my dad in full time care. I was shocked when "the panel" decided to send him home " to see if he'd improve in familiar surroundings" as he hadn't recognised his own home for some time! I simply said that I wasn't going to be involved in his care anymore and dad's social worker managed to convince the panel (I assume they held the purse strings) to let him stay in the carehome. There was no way my dad could have coped without 24hr care. He didn't have a clue what was going on or how to care for himself. Fortunately he had a good social worker who was prepared to fight for us.

Just keep saying no. If anyone thinks "no" means "maybe" that's when the problems start. Getting your mum into a carehome in the first place is a big part of the battle.

Orchid orchid

Dec 1, 2020
House is in both our names.But there is no way my mental health wud stand it .I'm going to have to get counselling