• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

WHERE TO NEXT?

Orchid orchid

Dec 1, 2020
I am wondering whether SS have assessed your mum over the phone. They did this to my mum and (no surprise) she told them that she was doing all her own shopping, cooking, housework etc, and even though one look at her and her home would have told you otherwise, because it was over the phone mums statements were taken at face value. I wasnt told this was happening and only found out about it later.

Have you contacted SS yourself and told them about the fires, aggression etc? You mum will not have said anything about this as she will be unaware that it is happening.
Yes,they know about the fires,and the aggro.They have not said she has been assessed.To me or anyone.And I have not received any documents concerning this fact. Their whole attitude is odd.

Orchid orchid

Dec 1, 2020
I feel very disappointed in the Social Services.They don't seem to care.And have cancelled 2 assressments Even though it is half my house,I am thinking of leaving tomorrow.I have nowhere to go and expect I will be homeless,but ijust cant cope anymore.

Sarasa

Apr 13, 2018
I only knew social services had contacted my mum after the police had raised concerns about her with them when I heard half of the conversation they'd had on her answerphone.
Things sound very tough @Orchid orchid . If you can, I think contacting the support line tomorrow to discuss what you can do next to get the help both you and your mother need.
Dementia Connect support line: 0333 150 3456 dementia.connect@alzheimers.org.uk

Orchid orchid

Dec 1, 2020
I am wondering whether SS have assessed your mum over the phone. They did this to my mum and (no surprise) she told them that she was doing all her own shopping, cooking, housework etc, and even though one look at her and her home would have told you otherwise, because it was over the phone mums statements were taken at face value. I wasnt told this was happening and only found out about it later.

Have you contacted SS yourself and told them about the fires, aggression etc? You mum will not have said anything about this as she will be unaware that it is happening.

Orchid orchid

Dec 1, 2020
Upda

Update from orchid orchid
At the moment nothing has been done about the daily mental abuse I face.
Social service know and are aware of situation.Spend Al my time in bed feel I cannot cope.have become very depressed,but just told the level of abuse and cruelty is "normal".Imhaving a breakdown and no one seems to care..

The

Orchid orchid

Dec 1, 2020
I want to know why this abuse is being allowed to continue why will they not of help me why is everyone on the side of the abuser in domestic abuse cases like this?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
have you phoned your GP, have you someone you can phone in an emergency? dementia connect lines scroll up for number. please phone them now. they are very good and approachable.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m sorry things are so bad for for you @Orchid orchid. I agree that it might be useful for you to talk to someone at Dementia Connect. The details are as follows:

0333 150 3456

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
In my opinion, had she got into the ambulance you mentioned in your first post then all your troubles would be over.
Others would have witnessed and been victims of her behaviour which would have led to her receiving the help she requires.

I would go the GP and enquire if any help can be given in regards to obtaining a prescription for PRN ( one off) medication.
I am thinking of something that would calm her.
The GP may well be resistant for a number of reasons including falls risk.
This would mean that if paramedics call in the future and are happy to take her away you have something in the tool box.

My idea is obviously just one idea to solve the problem. I suspect you
are by now very depressed and may not be able to find the motivation to try the above!
But just an idea!
Wishing you a speedy resolution to sorting things out.