Where do you go if you want to sound off?

C

Chesca

That's not a warped photo of Bruce. That's the Polo Pout, a necessary attribute for carousing Genoa and its environs from whence he recently returned, if MY memory serves me right. It is how the Italian men woo the ladies on their nightly promenade - pick up a polo, pull on your posing pouch and, courtesy of Marco, away you go! A bit of local tradition for you.

Lotsa
Chesca

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
bit of a shock half way through but....

Hiya all

just wanted to say a big THANKS to everyone who took the time to reply, just got back into the office this morning after being in the Drs' today and thought I might have had one maybe two responses......you have suprised me.

anyway, got to get on with some work (or at least look busy) will get back to you all later on this afternoon, for tonight I am cooking dinner for the folks and spending the evening trying to keep all my emotions of love, anger, happiness, frustration etc in check.

hope you all having a good day
TED

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Ted, sorry to have missed yesterday, but wanted to join the others in saying welcome ,and say it all here. As you can see, we do!! Hope the dinner goes well, if your uptight later, get on here and blast away! Love, She. XX

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi Ted,now i have coughed my dentures back up after being shocked by the two horror photos that greated me this morning i would like you to know that you need never feel alone while you have mates like us on T/P.Iknow what you mean about typing things in not being the same,i had never done anything with a computer other than type in the address bar for argos till a few weeks ago.I still cant spell and i get frustrated that it takes me at least 20min to post anything but it has been a life line for me.
When you really need vocal contact have you tried the alzheimers phone help line 08453000336?. I promise i will not post any photos of myself because just between you and me Ted i dont want to put the others to shame, i am drop dead gorgeous in this new straight jacket they have just put me in. byeeee STORM.
P.S i am typing with my nose

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
thanks again
Will certainely try the number and advice given,
I think i was just wondering if anyone here had found another way to vent their feelings as I imagine I wasnt alone in feeling very stressed out and sometimes very angry while keeping that all in.

The idea of sitting in a quiet area of the garden and having a bit of a yell is probably the best so far I have been known to lose it a bit in the comfort of the car, however I find that is sometimes too public even for me !!

I'll let you know how today goes
cheers all
TED

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Well, what can we make of this then? Theres our Brucie starting a new career as a senior Chippendale, Norm with his earing, and we've had to put gorgeous Storm in a straight jacket for her own good to keep her from throwing herself at the pair of em! Even that hasn't cramped her style though as she now can write with her nose. I just can't compete! Love, She. XX

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
and I mean this in a the nicest way

ahh
you're all mad !!!

thankfully I'm still sane, me, my pet cow (Daisy....mooo !) and brian ... he's a duck who thinks he's a dog. :O)

love light and peace
TED

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Ted, we had two ducks, Jessica puddleduck, (couldn't call her Jemima as we already had a cat by that name. And Alwin, after dream of Alwin,(anyone remember that film? I don't but my Mum did.) They both thought they were dogs, not the cat and my Mum, the two ducks I mean. Alwin was a fiesty thing and once chased the census inspecter out of my daughters garden. She dropped all the village census papers and wouldn't come back in to pick them up even when my daughter shut Alwin away! Does your Daisy say anything else but "moo", mine does, but then she say's a lot, she's my mother in law you see, yes, we are mad, but it helps. ...... There coming to take me away ha ha hee hee ho ho! Love, She. XX

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Hi
Daisy is my adopted pet cow and lives with me, she goes everywhere with me (yes you might have gathered by now that I am a little bit odd) but doesnt say much more than Moooo !

I have a long long story to do with why i love cows they bring so much fun and amusement to my life but like I say it's probably cos I am a little bit mad. I'll leave that for another day

thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us
I hope you all win the lottery this Sat.

TED (and DAISY (moo x) and BRIAN (quack x))

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
My God! I don't tune into TP for a few hours, I drop in for a while, find Brucie and Norman getting their own back for the saucy pics with stud muffin pictures of their own, and my name taken in vain twice!! Also a revolution afoot.

Thanks for the mention Jude and barraf, nice to be thought of even when I'm not participating. You have been busy little bees in the past 24 hours!

I have been running in and out of mum's room with various requested items, in between wallpapering back bedroom. (That's me, not mum papering the room!) Chest infection is on the rise again, after thinking she was getting better, damn! Foiled again!

Will look forward with baited breathe to next installment of pics! It's getting a bit like Vision On for those whom remember Tony Hart.
There's "The Gallery" music playing in my head now. Bloody theme tunes, they're driving me nuts!

C

Chesca

My dearest Magical Magic

NICE FOR YOUR NAME TO BE MENTIONED WHEN YOU'RE MISSING?! It's been mentioned around my place quite a bit over the last 24 hours, your ears must have needed the best efforts of the local fire bobbies (courtesy of Jude, of course, always supposing she can spare one). Where the buxxgxxxy boxxoxks have you been? And don't be giving me any of that old blarney about how busy this caring business can be. Have you been chasing the beloved ma over the hills, again? Or was it a fire bobby? Bone idle, if you ask me.

Now down to business.........

Dear TED

You mentioned in your initial and, may I say, polite and mightily restrained, posting that you are 'too emotional' (what's unemotional about loving somebody?). Well, meet your mates!

As a fellow emoter , I suspect you may need to know where to go to break somebody's! anybody's!.............what?: bones, wind, windows, heart - as has been yours? The dreadful thought processes creating scenarios worthy of Dreamworks, the breaking out in tears at Sainsbury as you are reading a greetings card verse for a friend (and the kindly cashier who knows you and has been there herself just hands you a tissue and a kindly 'I know, its OK' as you check in your waterproof mascara - your 5th that week!)

What's 'emotional', in the context meant by its detractors, about your secret resentments (the why me's? the I-do-too-have-a-life and future much as I love you/them)?

I know the anger, I call it 'midnight minnie' - it has become my muse and my adrenalin rush! I have smashed more crockery and assorted junk than my local flea market can provide - the local car boot (and she's no oil painting herself!) is thinking of naming it after me! In referring you to a post called 'Humanism' I'm not being flip! As in all things, the opposing forces of grief and humour serve to remind that all is not bad, particularly when you've a perfectly good pair of dancing shoes.

I have had a horrible day/week/month (actually, 15 months) and am preparing myself for an emote of Wagnerian proportions! Watch this space and.......................never be ashamed or too 'terribly British' about the way you feel, or to demonstrate those feelings, particulary here.

Which takes me right back to where I came in. Just off to scunder Magic for the damned cheek of thinking she could take herself off and abandon us to the photographic nightmares - wasn't 'The Scream' recently stolen from Norway (or some other Scandinavian outpost - I'm SURE one of you will let me know!?)

Many kind thoughts to all (except for those directed at the Magic One! which I will make up for later, promise)
Chesca

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear all, had to post, so much of what you say is so real to me, the crying over a card, the anger, the angst leading up to yet another chest infection, only wish I could give each and every one of you a big hug for the wonderful but really sh12 job you are all so bravely tackling. If I could give you all a break for a day or so I would 'cause thats what I needed so very often. You do find out who cares when the chips are down, I called the ones that left, fairweather friends (it was what my Mum always said , these were folks who were there only when times were good) Boy do I miss her sayings and her common sense. If you have a place like this to use as a sounding off station, it can help no end. God bless all of you, hope the sun is shining for you all tomorrow, love, She. XX

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Well many thanks for all your kind replies yesterday even the ones that I didnt quite understand but I guess they refered to other people and events that I wouldnt have known about todate

Out with Dad tonight while someone else sits in with mum for a couple of hours, apart from the shopping this is about the only night he gets off, so it's nice to be able to go with him.

As for needing to get things out from inside me, I have been out last night after work found a place called 'open door' which actually is a form of 'samaratains' work but you can visit a centre and talk. I didnt need anyone to tell me it would be ok, just wanted to get things off my chest, this helped, but not sure how long for. It doesnt matter because today is ok, and I have got used to living one day at a time anyway. Anyone would think it was me that was ill, so I know how a lot of you wonderful people are feeling having to deal with this every day.

Anyway take care
have a fun day
do something spontaneous
and adopt a cow

TED
(mooo)

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Ted, glad you are feeling a bit better now. The open door scheme is a good idea. Hope you enjoy your time with your Dad tonight, love to you all and the farmyard, She. XX