What will happen when he gets more worse?

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Sometime I'm think would be better to fall off the bluff and not find out how worse it can get you guys think maybe two? I'm afraid to turn into a bad guy or some mindless thing that is burden to you everyone God help me to know what to do got to use the voice thing to write now can't even hit the right little buttons to write saying here I'm feel so bad

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Try not to worry about the future @MatthewB

I know you read lots of posts on here, but nobody gets everything that you will read about

Your family sounds lovely - just rely on them and Im sure they will be able to guide you
xx

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I agree with @canary @MatthewB

3 of the 4 people I’ve known with dementia didn’t get really bad - they needed help but could do lots for themselves and non of them became violent as you sometimes read about here. Please try not to worry and take each day as it comes. That’s how we got through it.

I didn’t mind at all having to help my dad when he needed it and we still had lots of fun even though he couldn’t do everything he used to.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad you come here to share @MatthewB.

It's good that your son has helped you with the voice thing. That's good news!😍

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
What a good idea to do the voice thing to do your typing! Brilliant idea of your son….

My Granny had dementia - she was never aggressive or horrible. My mum so far the same.

Thankyou for being here and sharing things from your perspective

Shelleydvr

Jun 10, 2023
Hi @MatthewB .
Yes , sometimes things can feel a bit overwhelming... Be kind to yourself..
I really don't think you need to worry about being a bad guy, I don't think its that common.. There is no point in worrying..
You sound lovely.. I don't think you need to worry..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980