More hard to rite

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Did you all any have some long test to see if that demensa gets more worse? I suppose to go at the big town soon says it is 2 hour lomg but I am some little fraid3 couse I'm not rite to good no more so do you know got lots of riti ng? I want to do so good so can let me go back to work know can't do engieer no more cause maths at so mess up but cold maybe fix stuff broke machine I'm so good on that my wife saying they neever will but you can't never tell. You guys have them test before? It say nuropycogy guy. Hope you all are good and hapy.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @MatthewB
I think you mean neuropsychology testing. My OH has had that done several times and, yes, it takes about 2 hours.
Some of it is writing, but not all of it. A lot of it is talking - saying what things are and what you can see and some of it is drawing.
Do not worry about it
xx

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Hi @MatthewB
I hope the test goes well. It’s great that you’re good at fixing broken machines 😀 That’s very useful. Do they have any groups nearby where you could volunteer to use those skills? Here we have repair cafes where people take things that need fixing. You might be able to support other people running something similar??

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Hello @MatthewB, I've had the neuropsychology testing several times now. As far as I recall I only had to write one sentence, so not a lot of writing, the rest is talking. 2 hours seems long but you take it at your pace and you can say if you feel tired. Try not to worry about it. The person who does the testing is experienced and is there to help you. I hope it goes well. Good luck!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Fingers crossed for you @MatthewB

I hope you don`t find the tests too difficult. I hope the person testing you will be able to tell you what kind of work you will be able to do.

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
I am thank you all is good to now is not so many ritinfg maybe can do good I wish we have that repre place I could work there fix stuff like you guys do Lord bless you nice folk

Shelleydvr

Jun 10, 2023
Did you all any have some long test to see if that demensa gets more worse? I suppose to go at the big town soon says it is 2 hour lomg but I am some little fraid3 couse I'm not rite to good no more so do you know got lots of riti ng? I want to do so good so can let me go back to work know can't do engieer no more cause maths at so mess up but cold maybe fix stuff broke machine I'm so good on that my wife saying they neever will but you can't never tell. You guys have them test before? It say nuropycogy guy. Hope you all are good and hapy.
NEuropsychologist testing was very helpful for me to understand myself a little bit better.. Nothing to be afraid of. It can also help family members a little..
And yes, repeat testing shows progression..

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Well so glad to be not fraid so thank you very much God bless got to go I just some days I don't like that big town mak my belly nervous but they well not let me drive and say go to sleep is better when is so many people. I will try to

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
I'm have that long test up at the big city was to many trafics go so fast spooky but not so bad. I don't remember so much but not too riting just draw some pitures. Say story's too. Then went back 2 weeks and find the scores he want to talk my wife her own self and not me and that is not rite to me then some while can let me go into say some qwesttion and I ask can I go back to work now and he says so many things I don't get but my Lisa tell it means no more work a job ever. He tells it is 5 stage demensa making me a unsafe guy I'm saying to him was work on live circuts afore he is even born but he can't listen to me. I was not mean but I am just trying to get them understand ing I can do more then they think. I beed more quite cause my Lisa was cry and I'm not upsetting her for the world so i.am not fuss no more but that doctor is Rong but I don't know what to do now.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That is so sad for you @MatthewB I don’t know what to say to help

The doctor will have the final word and if by chance anything would go wrong you would not be covered by insurance.

It’s a very hard decision for you and I’m really sorry it`s come to this.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Oh Matthew I am sorry to read about the results of your tests. But unfortunately you have to listen to the doctor and your Lisa. They have your best interests at heart.

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
That is so sad for you @MatthewB I don’t know what to say to help

The doctor will have the final word and if by chance anything would go wrong you would not be covered by insurance.

It’s a very hard decision for you and I’m really sorry it`s come to this.
Is ok please don't be sad you all help so many to takl to me and so very kind and I'm aprreciate that very much

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Oh Matthew I am sorry to read about the results of your tests. But unfortunately you have to listen to the doctor and your Lisa. They have your best interests at heart.
Yes ma'am you are rite they do you all a wise and kind people thankful you for whole bunch. Can you now what is stag 5 demensa means? Can't find the Google to make sense

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Can you now what is stag 5 demensa means? Can't find the Google to make sense
Its probably easiest to say that the tests show that you no longer have early dementia, but now have mid-stage dementia

I think there is a way to go before you die
xx

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Yes ma'am you are rite they do you all a wise and kind people thankful you for whole bunch. Can you now what is stag 5 demensa means? Can't find the Google to make sense
I would agree with @canary The results probably mean that you are mid stage dementia now. Take care of yourself and your Lisa.