We are recruiting volunteer moderators for Talking Point

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
…Would you be interested in joining our team? :)

We last recruited new volunteers to the Talking Point (TP) moderating team just over a year ago, and the forum has grown tremendously since then: with almost 3000 new members joining TP in that time.

So, we are now looking to expand our team of Volunteer Moderators again.

If you think you might be interested in being part of our dedicated team, you can find out more about the role of Volunteer Moderator via the link below (please note that clicking on this link will take you out of TP and in to the main Alzheimer's Society website):

Volunteer Moderator role description

And if you’d like to apply, you can register your interest by completing our online application form (again, this form is held on the main Alzheimer's Society website):

Volunteer Moderator online application form

The deadline for applications is Friday 30 April.

If you have any questions about either the application process or the role of Volunteer Moderator, please contact me, either via PM or by email at kwatt@alzheimers.org.uk.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Katherine

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Is that invitation open to all members, Katherine?

Regardless of whether their own personal-life experiences of Dementia-care have been positive or negative.

Is the main requirement that one should care? And that one should wish to provide caring support, in whatever way may seem appropriate at the time? And that one should also wish to improve the world of care for and on behalf of others caring for and about Dementia, even though they may not have yet become TP subscribers?

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Do Dah

JPG. HELLO
If you think you can give some help, apply. Please do. The more people we get with differntent outputs on life the better.
We do not all fit in one box. You know I dont.

Barb X

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Interesting – are moderators ever recruited outside of TP membership?

Would that not be a good thing to have people who can remain totally objective at all times from their own personal experiences? Or even have no personal experience of dementia at all?

Just an idea ….;)

Good luck to anyone wishing to apply …. it’s an onerous task at times, I am sure, especially when one has their own personal issues and continuing losses to deal with and must, in theory, continually put them aside ….

Karen, x

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi JPG and Karen

Thanks for your questions.

This is an open recruitment process. We would welcome applications from anyone who:

* reads this thread on TP, or sees the Moderator role description on Alzheimer’s Society’s website

and

* feels they have the appropriate skills to be a moderator.

The ‘Will this role be suitable for you?’ section of the Moderator role description gives an outline of the skills and experience we are looking for.

Anyone with further questions about the application process or the moderator role, is welcome to contact me via PM or email. :)

Best wishes,

Katherine

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Can I just say that anyone who has the time and is actively involved in Talking Point, should consider becoming a Moderator as the time is well spent, and the pleasure is immense.

Give it a try and help others.

Ken

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Another reminder

...about the deadline for applications: only a week to go now!

Many thanks to everyone who has submitted an application so far. :)

And just to reiterate: if you think you may be interested in applying to be a moderator, and have questions about any aspect of the role, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me via PM or email.

Best wishes,

Katherine

LEEANN4832

Apr 23, 2010
liverpool/merseyside
i currently work wth ppl living with alz/dementia and feel very strong and passionate about the illness and the lack of knowledge ppl have surrounding this .... i am wanting to help and make a differance within this sector and bring to life the importance the knowledge ..but most of all understand and appreciate the person at the centre of all.
I feel i have a strong passion and thrive for the exellance of care for the person at the heart of all needs.....i have alot of time and patients and will be happy to help,advise or just hear you x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
And another reminder:

The deadline for applications is Friday 30 April. That's tomorrow, for all you procrastinators out there!

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Just to let you know that the deadline for applications has now closed.

Again, many thanks to everyone who applied. :)

Katherine