Changing the name of Dementia Talking Point

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
i have the same. apparently part of a plan so was going to go ahead any way. i was talkin about the charity name. dementia support forum is fine as its a general term but its the name of the charity that is a bit excluding. i know its got dementia afterwards but its the first bit that people see before anything else
Australia used to use Alzheimer’s Australia but changed it to Dementia Australia a few years ago.

However, there are other sponsored sites using the same key words and they are care providers so a bit confusing.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Looking at new members' posts common difficulties appear to be related to navigation and use.
I absolutely agree with this.

One of the biggest problems seems to be in knowing how to post replies to threads.
I think the reply box should be more obvious - perhaps with a much more obvious outline and perhaps saying "reply to this thread" above it. It would also help if any quotes appeared above the "write your reply... (here?)" rather than obliterating it, so that people still knew where to put their reply

Also, do we need the "quote" button? Does anybody use it? I never do
And perhaps the "reply" button could say "reply to this post" to make it more obvious that it isnt a reply to the whole thread.

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
I would have appreciated an explanation (there might be one somewhere) of the icons above 'Write your reply'
I still really don't know what they all mean.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I find that I read something quickly and make a mental note to reply…….but in the middle of caring,,,,,then I can’t find the thread later on so my wise musings 🤣🤣🤣🤣 get denied!

I do feel for our members with dementia who have extra struggles. I enjoy hearing from them but I guess in time the site becomes too complex……

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Also, do we need the "quote" button? Does anybody use it? I never do
Yes, use it a lot, you can collect quotes or partial quotes from any and then insert in post as required - over to test thread to experiment?
And perhaps the "reply" button could say "reply to this post" to make it more obvious that it isnt a reply to the whole thread.
New users often run into problems using 'reply' to posts containing links.
'reply to this post' creates a tag ' a manual @User can be used with 'post reply'

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I would have appreciated an explanation (there might be one somewhere) of the icons above 'Write your reply'
I still really don't know what they all mean.
2023-09-09_135254.png

DOOH! should say top bar not too bar

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Another idea - they're coming thick and fast, guys.
Why not emphasise the fact that the forum is alive and relevant, this very day :
dementia Assistance Forum, Today (or just plain dAFT)?