Virtual Christmas thread 2023

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I watched last night’s programme and it was so frustrating. I failed on the first question but then went on to get the rest correct until I got to 30%
I also watched and got all correct.
I nearly missed out on the one with news as answer.
Weird thing is that in the 45 sample questions I found today and posted one of the 1% questions is last nights.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Sugar-free jam tarts (after having cleared another mess)!
IMG20231224152514.jpg

Firecatcher

Jan 6, 2020
Happy Birthday @Jaded'n'faded
🎂 🎂 🎂

Well my plans seem to have got awry too
Ive got all my family coming over for the day tomorrow (its not my year to host Christmas day itself, so they are all coming before Christmas)
OH cant cope with lots of people at a sit down meal and I dont want to spend all day cooking, so we are having a buffet meal - cold meats, salads, cheese and crackers.

I picked up all the meat needed for the Christmas period yesterday (turkey breast in the freezer) and got my fruit/veg order from the greengrocers. Everything else had been got from Sainsburys earlier in the week, so I was feeling pretty smug that I had got all the food and put aside today to do all the cooking and last minute cleaning.

Like Chizz, I hadnt planned for 3 extra washloads! OHs catheter came apart during the night, he woke up wringing wet and I had to remove his wet PJs, wash him and change all the bedding. Thank god for kylie sheets! At least today is a good drying day. I also had a newby carer who had not been before, so I had to show her where everything was kept and how the shower worked

Talk about multitasking today, though. Today at one point I had washing on the line, more in the washing machine, pigs in blankets cooking in the oven, rice for the rice salad on the hob, peas and sweetcorn in the microwave and the dishwasher on too. When something started dinging I couldnt work out which thing was finished and needed attention!

OK, Ive finished lunch - back for round 3!!
Well done for achieving so much. Thank you also for a previous tip of yours to another poster about carefully sifting through a PWDs belongings. Today I found a crucifix and chain that had belonged to my beloved grandmother concealed in one of my Mum’s nightdresses. This has really made my Christmas as I thought my Mum had thrown it away with multiple other possessions. I’d been heartbroken about the loss.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Today I found a crucifix and chain that had belonged to my beloved grandmother concealed in one of my Mum’s nightdresses. This has really made my Christmas as I thought my Mum had thrown it away with multiple other possessions. I’d been heartbroken about the loss.
Thats lovely. It must have been like getting a Christmas present
xxx

Janey B

Aug 15, 2019
Northwest
Hope you are able to enjoy your Christmas everyone.🎄🎁🥂
Celebrate in your own way
🥳🍾🥧🍰🍬
Best wishes to you all 😘

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I also watched and got all correct.
I nearly missed out on the one with news as answer.
Weird thing is that in the 45 sample questions I found today and posted one of the 1% questions is last nights.

Clever 😊👏🏻👏🏻

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful day tomorrow (well as peaceful as possible) and thinking of carers and their loved ones everywhere at this time of year

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Well done for achieving so much. Thank you also for a previous tip of yours to another poster about carefully sifting through a PWDs belongings. Today I found a crucifix and chain that had belonged to my beloved grandmother concealed in one of my Mum’s nightdresses. This has really made my Christmas as I thought my Mum had thrown it away with multiple other possessions. I’d been heartbroken about the loss.
This has made me smile, so pleased for you.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
I am also wishing everyone a peaceful and enjoyable (as it can be for many) Christmas. Thinking of you all and also thankful for the virtual connections we have made over the year, 🎄 🤶
Here's our cake made and decorated in pastel colours - not necessarily Christmas theme - but full of fruit steeped in alcohol, covered in marzipan, and then fondant icing, with royal icing coloured stars.
You're all stars - celebrate as best you can🎈
christmas cake 2023.jpg

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Lovely cake @Gosling

My cake has already been half eaten by the family yesterday! The buffet went very well @Firecatcher , although sadly, daughters car broke down soon after setting off and had to be towed back, so they didnt manage to get here.
Quiet day today eating leftovers and watching TV - Mogs Christmas coming up!!

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
I am also wishing everyone a peaceful and enjoyable (as it can be for many) Christmas. Thinking of you all and also thankful for the virtual connections we have made over the year, 🎄 🤶
Here's our cake made and decorated in pastel colours - not necessarily Christmas theme - but full of fruit steeped in alcohol, covered in marzipan, and then fondant icing, with royal icing coloured stars.
You're all stars - celebrate as best you can🎈View attachment 69715
Lovely cake, I am sure it will be relished.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Lovely cake @Gosling

My cake has already been half eaten by the family yesterday! The buffet went very well @Firecatcher , although sadly, daughters car broke down soon after setting off and had to be towed back, so they didnt manage to get here.
Quiet day today eating leftovers and watching TV - Mogs Christmas coming up!!
about a cat i think. i like the snowman too

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Yes @jennifer1967 , its about a forgetful cat. I used to read the Mog books to my kids when they were young and now the youngest grandkid has just discovered them too. I always loved Mog

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Yes @jennifer1967 , its about a forgetful cat. I used to read the Mog books to my kids when they were young and now the youngest grandkid has just discovered them too. I always loved Mog
im sure ive read them to mine as well at some stage. i used to borrow them from the library. i keep thinking of meg and mog which is different.

Firecatcher

Jan 6, 2020
You're all stars - celebrate as best you can🎈View attachment 69715
Your cake looks really beautiful.

Alberta23

Oct 15, 2023
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope everyone gets to enjoy Christmas with family and friends, even if its for only a few minutes. Thanks to the Forum team for your support, compassion, kindness and honesty. You make this forum what it is. A lifeline to everyone who uses it.
Festive love and kind wishes coming your way.
🎄🎄🎄🎇🎇🎆🎁