Virtual Christmas thread 2023

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Glad you had a good day @canary in spite of your daughters breakdown.

I hope you have an uneventful night after all the excitement

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good evening everyone!

As you can see I've been busy and after all the baking I had to trying and remove the flour from the worktop, table, floor, oven and stove and tomorrow I hope to remove from my clothes before putting it out for another flying lesson....

MaNaAk
IMG20231223165750.jpg

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good evening everyone!

As you can see I've been busy and after all the baking I had to trying and remove the flour from the worktop, table, floor, oven and stove and tomorrow I hope to remove from my clothes before putting it out for another flying lesson....

MaNaAk View attachment 69707
youve been busy and they look nice. extra pegs maybe tomorrow!!!
it looks better with flour every where. makes it look that you have been cooking!!!! 🤣 🤣🤣🤣

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
it looks better with flour every where. makes it look that you have been cooking!!!! 🤣 🤣🤣🤣
I had to make mountains when I swept it off the worktops! Also when we were children we helped nana make mince pies and my youngest brother put pickled onion in one of them. I knew what he'd done so I was very cautious and I told him when I found it

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I had to make mountains when I swept it off the worktops! Also when we were children we helped nana make mince pies and my youngest brother put pickled onion in one of them. I knew what he'd done so I was very cautious and I told him when I found it

MaNaAk
that would have been priceless if someone had done it without knowing it. imagine the taste!!!!

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Here:s one I made earlier! Not really, as my Mam made Brock (and Rupert) for her granddaughter (my niece) over 30 years ago. Despite being worried by and sleeping with Knight and now Inky for 8 years he's still going strong, if a little grubby.

20231223_233032.jpg

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Good evening everyone!

MaNaAk View attachment 69707
Home made always the best - obviously without the pickled onion! Precious memories.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Lovely looking mince pies @MaNaAk
Well the family has all gone and we are having a lazy day today.
Even though I didnt drink any alcohol yesterday Im still feeling a bit hung over
😵😵‍💫🤪

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s tiring being sociable when you’re so used to a quiet house. @canary

I’ll be going to my sons tomorrow and there will be a houseful too. We always have a quiz after lunch. Each grandchild compiles a round and I do too. I’m good at compiling but memory wise last year was a shock I was hopeless at answering. Goodness knows how I’ll be this year.

My middle granddaughter is a contestant on the 1% show on Christmas Day. Her name is Lucy. She is disappointed at the result. She was hopeful she would win and perhaps she could have won if she hadn’t been over confident

By the time all this is over I’ll be ‘talked out’ and glad to come home.

Boxing Day is recovery day I’ll be making a Christmas dinner for one 😊

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good afternoon everyone!

I went out to get the paper and some milk and when I walked past the care home on the corner there was an ambulance outside. My thoughts go out to everyone having to deal with an emergency this Xmas or going through loss.

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My middle granddaughter is a contestant on the 1% show on Christmas Day. Her name is Lucy. She is disappointed at the result. She was hopeful she would win and perhaps she could have won if she hadn’t been over confident
Details for anybody wanting to watch

The 1% Club Christmas Special 2023
25 Dec 2023 - 9:00pm - 10:00pm
On ITV
SUMMARY

Lee Mack hosts a festive special with all the Christmas bells and whistles you would expect - every question is Christmas-themed and our 100 contestants are hoping to make the holiday season even more special by winning up to 100,000 pounds. This Christmas Special is not about what you learned at school or your ability to memorise facts - it's about real intelligence as everyone is on a level playing field... and that means that anyone can play along, making it perfect Christmas viewing for the whole family. Find out if any of the contestants manage to take home the perfect Christmas present by winning the Prize Pot and earning themselves a place in the 1 Club, an elite group of people who can honestly say that they are smarter than 99 per cent of the population.

For both those who have not seen the show and wondering about type of questions and those hooked it

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I found flour on the cabinet door this morning and I shall be doing more baking later!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I found flour on the cabinet door this morning and I shall be doing more baking later!

MaNaAk
how far can flour go? !!!! i find it easier to clean if not wet so it doesnt clump together.
my daughter and granddaughter have just been. her partner and grandson have a cold so they stay away from my husband.
son and family coming boxing day. he prepares the food and they wash up afterwards. perfect guest!!
we are on our own tomorrow as he cant cope with all of them. hes had enough now and just wants to be left in peace.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Details for anybody wanting to watch

The 1% Club Christmas Special 2023
25 Dec 2023 - 9:00pm - 10:00pm
On ITV
SUMMARY

Lee Mack hosts a festive special with all the Christmas bells and whistles you would expect - every question is Christmas-themed and our 100 contestants are hoping to make the holiday season even more special by winning up to 100,000 pounds. This Christmas Special is not about what you learned at school or your ability to memorise facts - it's about real intelligence as everyone is on a level playing field... and that means that anyone can play along, making it perfect Christmas viewing for the whole family. Find out if any of the contestants manage to take home the perfect Christmas present by winning the Prize Pot and earning themselves a place in the 1 Club, an elite group of people who can honestly say that they are smarter than 99 per cent of the population.

For both those who have not seen the show and wondering about type of questions and those hooked it
I watched last night’s programme and it was so frustrating. I failed on the first question but then went on to get the rest correct until I got to 30%