Vascular/Alzheimer’s sexual hyperactivity

Dolly78

Apr 11, 2023
Is there anything that can be done for sexual hyperactivity? Has anyone medicated anyone affected by this? My Dad has it. He is late stage vascular and Alzheimer’s

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Dolly78 welcome to the forum.

Some medication can cause this type of behaviour. With my dad it was Donepezil that caused it and reducing his dose from 10mg back down to 5mg cured the problem.

Is this a recent change? I noticed in your other post that your dad has been ill and taken a sudden downturn.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Dolly78 and welcome from me to this very supportive forum. I am sure you will receive some helpful advice and suggestions of here from other members. We are a very supportive bunch .
Please do keep posting on here.

Dolly78

Apr 11, 2023
Hi @Dolly78 welcome to the forum.

Some medication can cause this type of behaviour. With my dad it was Donepezil that caused it and reducing his dose from 10mg back down to 5mg cured the problem.

Is this a recent change? I noticed in your other post that your dad has been ill and taken a sudden downturn.
Hi yes this is since he has come out of hospital after 3 and half weeks and has gone very downhill. Will let my mum know about the medication. That’s helpful thankyou