Update on Lionel

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Connie, what love you show for Lionel, thanks so much for sharing your photo. It brightens us all up to see that you and Lionel are feeling better.

Vonny xxx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Another year - another birthday.

Yes 68 today.

He was asleep when I went in about 11.00am. Kissed him, put up his balloons, put his flowers in water, pinned up his birthday cards, all the while talking to him.

No response. Two old schoolfriends came about 11.45, no reaction.
I said that he would perk up with his lunch, but no, although he ate everything, did not open his eyes.

100_1290.jpg

We sat talking after lunch and he lay there crying. I do not know if he picks up on what we were talking about - we were reminising about his mother at the time.

They left about 2.30 and he was still crying softly to himself.

I left him at 4.00pm with still no recognition. We had changed him and put him to rest on his bed by this time

Just looked back to his birthday post last year - no difference really.

100_1291.jpg

I don't think he is really unhappy, just locked in his world.

Maybe next visit will see him brighter - who knows. I hope so.
(He will have been in the home 3 years in a few weeks)

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Thank you for the photos dear Connie. What a disappointment for you for him to be in his own world today of all days, but he looks content and that is the best we can hope for I suppose.

Take good care of yourself

Vonny xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There`s nothing I can say to make it easier , Connie. It must be so painful waiting for a hint of recognition.

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Connie

Thinking of you,and i hope you are feeling alright,so sorry Lionel wasn,t at his best today,hope the next day you see him he is more at him self.You take good care of yourself Marian xx

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Tina, thanks for the advice, but Connie and I each have a de luxe stateroom with patio doors and balcony, for reduced price and no single supplement! You can't get a better deal than that.
Dear Hazel and Connie
I was looking forward to being with you and they wouldn't let me have a reduced price.
Humph,snort,natter natter.
I will be thinking of you both
Norman

katieberesford

May 5, 2005
south wales
Dear Connie

I felt a little of what you must be going through today. Spent 10 hours today at the hospital with David - gave him his supper without him opening his eyes! Funny thing was he opened his mouth for his supper just like one of the little chicks you see in the nest waiting to be fed a worm by their mother!!!!!

Love Katie xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Thank goodness for small changes............

Had not updated this thread for a few weeks as nothing had changed. Even after 9 days away on holiday there was no reaction when I visited. Eyes shut.

Until Sunday, when surprise, surprise his eyes were wide open.
This has continued all this week so far. No speech, no real acknowledgement that I am there, but it has so lifted my spirits.

As I have several hospital proceedures to go through before the end of the month, and mix ups over co-inciding dates (cannot be in two places at once:confused:)to contend with, it has cheered me no end.

No sign yet though of the Speech and Language people coming on board, despite two referrals from his GP. Still even the choking was not nearly as bad today.

Bless him, he makes my life.:)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Connie

How wonderful for you that you can fully appreciate this change in Lionel:) Precious moments.

Love and best wishes for your procedures next week.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Connie, I'm so glad Lionel's eyes are open for you. As you say, it's the little things that brighten our day.

I'm hoping and praying that your 'procedures' have a positive outcome.

Love,