Update on Lionel

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Connie

With my own illness to cope with as well, I must admit to feeling depressed at present. As for the future......what future.
I understand you are about half way through your treatment Connie and in some ways this must be the hardest time. You may be so far into the treatment that it is nigh on impossible to remember what it feels like to feel properly well and too far from the end of the treatment to have a glimpse of how you could be feeling soon:(

When you say "what future" I think of the future being having that attractive, bubbly, loving, intelligent, adventuruous woman back fully into the world. At the moment you are being made well and when you are healed you will have the light of life radiating from you again.

In the meantime, please accept these lillies and roses.jpg

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Connie

I'm sorry you're not getting any response from Lionel just now. As you know, John is often the same -- and then he surprises me!:)

Chin up, love. Less than two months to our holiday. I've just posted the balance, and a card to you. I know it doesn't take the pain away, but we're going to enjoy that holiday!:):):)

Love and hugs,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh Connie:
It is sad to read your post but as you would say to us all 'chin up now'.

We all admire you so much handling your own illness and managing to see and care for Lionel at the same time. It is draining you but there is a good future ahead' although I acknowledge that none of us have the joy of our partners close to us. You have a holiday booked and we all need to hear about it.

We need your cheery words and wonderful advice.

Love Jan

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Hi Connie

sorry you are feeling so down at the moment - I hope tomorrow is a better day for both you and Lionel.

I hope you and Hazel have a wonderful holiday - you both desearve it.

Love Janet

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi Connie

Nothing really to say except that I am thinking of you an I hope things get a bit better for you soon.
Izzy

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Connie,

I'm so sorry you had such a depressing visit. As has already been posted, who knows what will happen from day to day. Your next visit could be much cheerier...though that doesn't help you right now.

Love and hugs

Vonny xxx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I too am so very sorry that Lionel isn't able to respond to you at the moment. Let's hope that tomorrow brings a better day for both him and yourself.

Focus on your lovely holiday, what you will wear, things you want to do and see. By the way, if one of you snores get some of the wax earplugs from the chemist. They will soften up in your fingers and can then be molded to your ear space. They really are good. My SIL snores for England and we were together in the smallest cabin you could imagine. She didn't waken me up once! I'm sure you and Hazel will be painting the ship 'red' in your own quiet ways and you both certainly deserve for this to be truely a holiday to remember.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Focus on your lovely holiday, what you will wear, things you want to do and see. By the way, if one of you snores get some of the wax earplugs from the chemist.

Tina, thanks for the advice, but Connie and I each have a de luxe stateroom with patio doors and balcony, for reduced price and no single supplement! You can't get a better deal than that.:D

We're travelling in style!:D

What we see and do will depend on Connie's health. The beauty of a river cruise is that the boat moors in of the centre of each town, so we can either do the organised excursions, or just walk ashore to the nearest cafe. I think we might do the chocolate tasting though!:D

You bet we're going to paint the boat red. I think the whole of France will know we're there!:D

Love,

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
I’m sorry you’ve been feeling so low, Connie.

Thinking of you, and hoping you feel a bit brighter today.

Your holiday plans sound wonderful. :)

Katherine

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Thank you.......

for all your good wishes and encouragement.

Sorry for the last negative post....I felt weary and getting no response from Lionel for a week.....well just depressing.

What a difference a few days make. Lionel today -

100_1284.jpg

No rhyme or reason for the difference, but this evening I feel like a new woman. He is my reason to go on, bless him.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Thanks for the lovely photo of you both..

So glad you are feeling brighter..

It's all this rain everyone is down, so much for the barbecue summer they promised:eek:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Lovely photo, Connie. I'm glad you're feeling brighter, it's amazing what a difference a spark of response makes to us.:)

Love,

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Glad to see you in your usual cheerful form Connie. Let's hope that tomorrow is a good day and that it also makes you feel better. It's amazing what a good visit to our loved ones can do for our spirits - truely amazing! You look as bright as a button in your picture - that's love for you, it does wonders.

xxTinaT

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
So glad you are feeling a bit better. That's a super photograph - I think it sums up all you feel for Lionel. Take care. Izzy x