Update on David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya

Best wishes to you and David from all my family here in Torquay as well, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jan

What a difference a day makes. I have just found yesterday`s Post and although David sounds extremely confused, he does sound a little better.
I hope the pain in his head eases.
Love xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
It is now one week since David started this current infection.

He is still very very poorly. Antibiotics were started last Monday with stronger ones started on Wednesday. The fever is reduced but he is still fighting the infection - hence the massive confusion, no wish to eat or drink. We are managing to get some soft easy foods into him, and some fluids.

I should be full of hope, but somehow I have fearful vibes.

For those who can access my Albums, I added today's photo. It is so sad I may delete it later :(:(

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Jan,
Yes it is sad, but what a fine looking man you have there. The first two photos could be of my husband, I have two exactly the same in my husband's life book.

I am so sorry your husband is still so poorly had hoped he would be improving by now. My thoughts are with you during this awful time. You are in my thoughts and I am sending you lots and lots of (((((hugs)))))

I hope you can get some rest tonight. Take care Jan.x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jan

I've just had a look at your album, and you're right, it is sad. David does look ill.:(

On the other hand, John was in that state two and a half years ago, and he's still with us, though not able to do anything for himself.

I don't know which outcome you would prefer, I suspect like me you're want your husband with you as long as possible. In any case, it's out of our control.

I wish you both all you would wish for yourselves.

Love,

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
I should be full of hope, but somehow I have fearful vibes

Dear Jan, it really is 'day by day', even with our own emotions.

I do hope that David has turned the corner with this second lot of antibiotics. My thoughts are with you both.

Stay strong.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Jan, I don't think I can see the particularly personal albums - but don't worry about that now - I get the gist - you are very down and without a lot of hope. There is always hope - hope that he will be comfortable tonight, hope that he will be comforted tonight, hope that he remembers you tonight and your consistent and deep love for him in his misty foggedness.

You are in my thoughts & prayers. I hope you get some rest, even if little sleep, xoxox, Sue

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thank you again for your words of support - it means alot.

Hazel: I want whatever is right - but is it right he has to bear this torture (extreme pain most of the time even with painkillers and patches) and for me watching and observing such confusion.

BUT in no way do I want to lose him - but I do want peace for both of us. (No win situation).

This bl.. y awful disease is confusing me now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Jan, I know that confusion, I've lived with it since John had his UTI, and I have to tell you it doesn't get better.

On the other hand, the thought of losing our men is unbearable.

I don't think there is any peace.:(

Love and hugs,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jan,

David looks so poorly and, you are right, there is a big difference since I saw him only weeks ago!! He does look peaceful in the photograph and comfortable.

I wish you peace Jan.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry Jan. David looks very poorly. It upsets me to see him so goodness knows how much it`s upsetting you.
I hope he is comfortable. Is he still complaining of head pain?
Love xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Jan, have been thinking about you both today, i understand how you are feeling, wanting this to stop for your husband but dreading it actually happening,Hope tomorrow brings better news love pam

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Morning Jan,

I've just looked at David's photo, it must be very upsetting for you to see him looking so poorly and knowing that he is in pain.

I only hope that he is more peaceful when you visit today.

Thinking of you.

Love xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello all and thank you for your posts.

David's birthday today!!! I went armed with cards but not too many presents as he has not recognised them over the past few years. Friends arrived with flowers and we sang 'Happy Birthday' and later the NH Staff arrived with cake and candles and repeat of the singing!! He was mystified by the whole affair.

I sat with him whilst he dozed. We opened his cards and I read them out, especially my home made one with a special poem on the front (Little did I realise by Thomas Dudley). He may not have absorbed the words but he understood the message.;)

The latest antibiotics finish tomorrow. SaLT are to be called in because he coughs over food and drink. Presently all liquid is thickened and food pureed :eek:

So I still have a very sick husband but maybe he is coming through it - I doubt whether he will be back where he was 10 days ago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.