Update on David

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
There seems to be a big downturn. Family and friends have also witnessed what seems to be very end stage. My daughter described it as 'in his own bubble'. He looks ill, vacant, just nothingness. He eats in robotic fashion just as an infant taking pureed food for the first time.

It is not necessarily end of life, just a dementia stage. It could go on for a long long time but its so hard to watch.

I adjust to each stage but finding this hard.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
So much is asked of carers, Jan. It is tough to suffer but as tough to witness the suffering. There is no escape. X

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
It is not necessarily end of life, just a dementia stage. It could go on for a long long time but its so hard to watch.

I adjust to each stage but finding this hard.

Jan, it's hard to adjust to any major stage, but the progression into the final stage is the hardest of all.

Thinking of you both,

bucko

Jan 28, 2009
Widnes
Jan, I hope today is a better day for you. Sending you and David all my love. Thinking of you both.

June x

ringo

Apr 15, 2010
staffordshire
that is exactly how i would describe my dad at the moment too jan, he as also had another downward turn i also admit it is getting harder to watch. i have just come back from the NH and the nurse said to me that his condition is so changeable sometimes hourly it is so bizarre but just recently dad as started to stare into space and just looks so vacant. thinking of you too, take care jan

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Jan,
I was so very sorry to read your latest update on David.
When you are adjusting to yet another downturn, it is a very lonely place to be.
Thinking of you, and sending love,
Nan XXX

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jan,

It is heart rending. There was a massive downturn when David became bed ridden at this time last year.

I am thinking of you Jan and, although I have no doubt that you will adjust, I also know that you will be having to deal with a whole range of thoughts and emotions.

Lots of love

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Dear Jan..I am so sorry to hear of David's downturn..it is so hard to accept..just when I think I have cried myself dry and I can cope with this disease, another blip/downturn comes along and it is like I have just found out Trevor has dementia all over again and I just can't accept it.

Huge waves or roller coasters, it all comes too often.

I am thinking of you both. Thank goodness for TP..I hope the support is helping you at the moment.

love
Bronwen x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Still in his bubble today :eek:.

Two small almost indistinguishable phrases:
1. Where's the booze? (he never drank much, honest!).
2. You look to be still alive! (oh yes I am, I replied).

He ate his tea, pureed and spoonfed, rather like a child eating its first solids.

Status
Not open for further replies.