Update on David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I hope they sort it out soon. It probably is a UTI - at one point my mother was getting one every month or so. She once had two different UTIs at the same time. It's frightening how quickly a UTI can drag a person down.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jan,

Thinking of you and hoping that David responds the AB's quickly.

Love x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Jan, I'm sorry to hear that David is so poorly. I do hope that the AB's work quickly for him. I wonder what the GP thinks? Dratted weekends.:(

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Jan, hi
Thinking of you and David tonight and hoping that it's a UTI that can be sorted out quickly.
Take good care of yourself, with best wishes from Jo

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry Jan. Itsounds as if this UTI is having quite a severe effect on David. Let`s hope the ABs help quickly.
More worry for you. xx

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
hi jan hope things are better today davids hallucinatoins are worrying harold hallucinates he grabs at things that are not there;hope the results for the uti are quick so the ab's get to work soon as possible milly

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm sorry to hear David is unwell Jan. Did they manage to get a sample? Will they try ABs as a safeguard even if they can't get a sample?

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
What a difference a day makes.

Our daughter, who has been visiting this weekend with family, went to see her Dad this morning. Found him sitting in lounge with two of his resident mates. He was slumped in his wheelchair and very sleepy but he did manage to recognise and make simple conversation.
The Nurse later reported that he was extremely tired and could only manage his lunch before being taken off to bed again.

I arrived about 3.30 pm and he was fast asleep. He woke briefly and mentioned doing some jobs for his mother and much other rubbish.

The signs of a UTI seem to have disappeared today but samples are being taken for the lab. tomorrow.

I hardly slept and worried all night so feel exhausted. I never did like rollercoasters, but this is no funfair.

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Thinking of you Jan and I know what you are going through - you just never know what to expect next.

Hope you sleep better tonight.

Love and (((HUGS)))

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Jan,

I missed your Saturday's post altogether and am so sorry to see how poorly David has been - but so glad to see that yesterday he seemed to be much better. But what a worrying time for you.

If it was a UTI, or perhaps even some other sort of infection, I do hope the antibiotics continue their good work. I hope, too, that you are now able to catch up on some of that lost sleep. But too much anxiety and worry just makes sleep impossible, I know.

Thinking of you both and sending love,
Nan XXX

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
The UTI test has not shown positive although they plan to repeat the tests over a period of time.

He is extremely confused and says he feels unwell but at least trying to converse now. Today he talked non stop for 2 hrs but it was mostly rubbish. The button on my cardigan was a telephone (a new fangled one, he said :rolleyes:). He liked me in blue, then said 'where is my wife'.

He returned to his normal self a little when 'Loose Women' were on tv - telling each one of them that their hair looked a mess.

His Aricept has been reduced to 5 mg from today, so if he deteriorates further he could return to 10 mg. If there is no affect then Aricept will be stopped completely next month.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
He returned to his normal self a little when 'Loose Women' were on tv - telling each one of them that their hair looked a mess.

Sounds remarkably sensible to me, Jan!:D

I hope David settles, and there's no further deterioration when his dosage is reduced.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jan

It sunds as if David is being more challenging to you than to himself and I do understand how difficult it is. You are another on a watching and waiting game.
The only consolation is David doesn`t sound distressed. I hope not.
Love xx

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Dear Jan..sorry have only just caught up with your latest news on David..gosh his actions are so similar to Trevor's..he is always passing me bundles of nothing to get rid of..asking me to make tea for all the people in our house and telling me did I know everyone hates me!!So so hard but I hope all your friends here can help you through.

It does seem the slightest infection upsets the balance so quickly and I hope medication will help David have a more peaceful time and yourself.

love
Bronwen x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jan,

All of this is so hard Jan. You have been faithfully there through thick and thin keeping your eye on David's welfare. Such highs and lows but there seems to be more of a constant these days where David is spending more and more time in his own world.

I know you are doing all you can to take care of yourself. Sending love

Status
Not open for further replies.