Update on David

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I would like to think the 'plates of meat' were his feet, but he was well covered by sheet and blanket and not pointing in that direction :eek::eek:

The other day he pointed across the room 'there's Jan, oh she is going, she's gone now' :eek: I was sitting by his side.

I suppose I feel its another downturn unless an infection is brewing.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jan,

It didn't sound like David was 'distressed' but more like he was 'involved' with what/whom he was experiencing. It can be very distressing for the person who is onlooking (in this case you) but unless David were himself agitated or disturbed, I would be inclined to leave things as they are rather than introduce medication. It could be seen as positive that David is experiencing himself as busily sorting things out (which he did in his life prior to dementia). It might seem nonsense to onlookers but it doesn't seem like it is nonsense to him.

Alan sometimes used to think he was going to work and I used to say "when will you bring the wages home?":D

Please just ignore what I have posted here if I have not understood what you have posted correctly.

Love and a big (HUG)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thanks Helen:
You are right David is not distressed but keeping himself busy :eek: - he always did!.

I want to observe a little more. Is this just a short phase or something deeper - I suppose by talking to the Doc. I might find some answers:eek:

Sadly part of me knows its a big downturn in the dementia journey.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Jan, I can understand your being distressed, it does sound as if David's hallucinations are getting worse. It may be nothing serious, but I'd definitely ask for him to be checked out on Monday, including checks for infections.

Hope he'll be more hinself tomorrow.

Love,

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
sorry to hear about David hallucinations mum often goes on about people being in the house but she does not seemed frightened so i just let it pass hope you have a better visit next time love larivy

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jan

The only comfort in all this is the hallucinations are not upsetting David .
Although his hallucinations have been frequent , they do sound to have increased. Whether it is a downturn or not remains to be seen.
I imagine it must be very disturbing for you.
there's Jan, oh she is going, she's gone now' I was sitting by his side.
You are still in his life Jan.

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Dear Jan, I am sorry to read you have been having such a difficult time yourself. Thank you so much for all the support you have given me. I hope your next visit to David is calm and he is happy. Thinking of you xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Today David was very very sleepy. The Nurse said he slept ok last night but the two previous nights and yesterday he hallucinated or was restless. It seems he is sleeping it off now :eek:

He ate his lunch and said he felt woozy! He was confused.

Maybe he will be better after alot of rest.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Dear Jam,so sorry I missed your update on David this down turn must be so distressing for you to witness. hope he has a better week this week and you can share some better moments together, shall be thinking of you both , Love Pam( I had not seem you r latest post when IPM.d you, sorry)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thanks to you all.

I am bearing up but just very sad; somehow I know we have reached another stage and its hit me hard this weekend. 'One day at a time' has to be my way of coping.

Good to let go here.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sometimes I think sadness just pervades our lives. Some of us are further along the road though and I'm thinking of you Jan. xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
David seems a very sick man today:eek: I hope and think it may just be a UTI but he does seem more ill than with previous ones.

He has been extremely confused over the past two weeks with increasing hallucinatory episodes. He has complained of not passing water easily (in mumbling word fashion). Today he had low abdomen pain and felt nauseous, did not want anyone near him saying 'leave me alone!' which is so unlike him.

The Nurse and carers have been wonderful and seem to be checking everything, especially waterworks. A careful eye is being kept on him.

I feel uneasy.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thanks Hazel. I know you understand these difficult days, not knowing how serious it is. Something or nothing I suppose but could result in another downturn.

Status
Not open for further replies.