Update on David

Status
Not open for further replies.

muse

May 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi Jan

It's so hard to watch the deterioration and to know it's never going to get better, but not to know how long it will last in each stage. When I visit my hubby my heart cries out not just for him, but also for the other residents who, only a few months ago, seemed lively and humourous and now stare into space. And also for all of you who are experiencing the same. Every stage is painful, but we're here for each other.

My thoughts are with you and I wish you lots of strength and courage - Big hug - Kathy

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Jan,

Apologies for not being in touch sooner..(there is a major distraction around here these days...:rolleyes:)

It's so sad to read about David entering the final stages of dementia...He must be such a strong man and has struggled for so long with this blasted disease.
Another adjustment to another stage.

Not easy for you, , Jan, watching this happen and never knowing how long this stage will be.

There is a definite downturn in Eric ..(I will post eventually)..but he is still more or less ok.

Sending you love and a hug.

xx

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Hi Jan
Sorry I have not posted sooner
I am sorry David is so ill and although I don`t post much I am always thinking of you both

I hope you are okay and taking care of yourself as well as David.

`J`has also had a downturn but is still happy in his world and as such I have come to terms with him being in the home.
Much love to you
Roseann xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Infection after infection!

David has deteriorated considerably since my last post. For the past week he has been on antibiotics for a chest infection (?aspiration). He has to finish the first lot of a/bs before starting another lot as a UTI is now evident. Poor fellow.

He has not really recognised me over the past week, except perhaps yesterday. On a better day he mumbles or speaks unintelligible sentences. He is still eating in robot fashion and drinking if persuaded.

He looks ill and it is hard to watch.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Oh Jan I am so sorry. The antibiotic things is a real issue: start with one and you need to continue but it may not touch a secondary infection. How much longer on the first set of ABs?

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Jan, I am so sorry you are going through such a tough time. So sorry for you both. Sending you love and hugs. Deborah xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I hope finishing tomorrow. BUT its Bank Holiday so Doctor will not be available for new prescription 'til Tuesday am.

I have a good relationship with D's new GP. He has warned me that at some stage the a/bs may not necessarily work :(.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry Jan. No wonder David hasn`t been `with you` this last couple of weeks. I do hope he`ll pick up.
Love xx

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Jan, I am sorry to read this. David does sound like he is fighting hard, I hope the ABs have a good effect and he picks up soon. xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Oh dear Jan I am sorry to hear this. I can imagine how you must be feeling.

Love

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Sorry to hear that David is still poorly, Jan. This can't be easy for you.

Thoughts and hugs winging their way to you.

Love xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sujokealma