Tired and exasperated

Skylark/2

Aug 22, 2022
Another sleepless night looms.
Just before 1a.m my husband woke me saying ‘ I need your help ‘
For whatever reason he has taken about 5 Laxido sachets ( or so he thinks ) and now is concerned about the coming consequences! He doesn’t know why he thought he needed to take so many and I am trying to reassure him that nothing will happen immediately……I hope. He wears pull up ‘ special pants ‘ during the day but has insisted on putting on extra ones ‘ just to be on the safe side!’ , He’s wearing three plus his boxers! But he is totally confused, dressing, undressing, wandering around the house. He is obsessed with trying to be ’regular’ but this is taking it to a new level.

Hermann

Sep 24, 2023
Yes, keeping on top of their bladder and bowel activities can be exhausting. It’s one of the hardest things to cope with in this whole business.

Good luck, Skylark. Hope the night ends well for you.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I hope the night wasnt as bad as you feared

Is it time to hide the laxido and just give him a sachet when required?
I had to do this to OH with painkillers, or he would overdose on them when they didnt work within 2 mins

Skylark/2

Aug 22, 2022
I hope the night wasnt as bad as you feared

Is it time to hide the laxido and just give him a sachet when required?
I had to do this to OH with painkillers, or he would overdose on them when they didnt work within 2 mins
Absolutely @canary . I already hide the senna tablets and came to the conclusion that I’ll have to hide the Laxido too. He too expects instant results. Husband has been to sleep, I lay awake pondering and planning! I’m still unsure how many he took, so is he. Off to the memory clinic at the hospital tomorrow, another example to add to the list of how I think he’s deteriorated in the last 14 months or so.

Skylark/2

Aug 22, 2022
Yes, keeping on top of their bladder and bowel activities can be exhausting. It’s one of the hardest things to cope with in this whole business.

Good luck, Skylark. Hope the night ends well for you.
Hello @Hermann . Thank you for replying. Husband eventually got to sleep, sadly I didn’t, thoughts running through my head. Decided to hide laxatives in future!

Harky

Oct 13, 2021
Hello @Hermann . Thank you for replying. Husband eventually got to sleep, sadly I didn’t, thoughts running through my head. Decided to hide laxatives in future!
What I do is put anything medicinal and other things I don't want my wife to access into cupboards with childproof locks. It gives me peace of mind rather than continually checking.

Skylark/2

Aug 22, 2022
What I do is put anything medicinal and other things I don't want my wife to access into cupboards with childproof locks. It gives me peace of mind rather than continually checking.
Thank you @Harky , a good idea. Think I’ll ‘ borrow’ my granddaughter’s childproof locks. Anything for a less stressful life.
Was planning to see the Michael Caine/Glenda Jackson film today but think a quiet day at home might be a better idea.

Harky

Oct 13, 2021
Thank you @Harky , a good idea. Think I’ll ‘ borrow’ my granddaughter’s childproof locks. Anything for a less stressful life.
Was planning to see the Michael Caine/Glenda Jackson film today but think a quiet day at home might be a better idea.
I also put them on the fridge freezer as she tends to create mayhem if she's in the kitchen on her own. With everything secure where she can cause problems, i can quite happily leave her to tidy up the kitchen (in her mind) for ages despite water everywhere but that's easy to clean up. Another thing she tends to do when she's in is to fill cups etc with water. Haven't found a way round that so I'm always cautious when I pick things up (most of the time) and anyway, she needs something to keep her occupied. Good luck 👍