Things I don't worry about any more

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Problem is that white chocolate doesn't have the anything like the same level of flavonoids as dark chocolate, the main active ingredients if any at all. Maybe use 2 slices of the white chocolate and dark chocolate in the middle to make a healthy alternative, a chocolate sandwich but leave out the butter. K

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
I read a research article that said dark chocolate is good for your memory. I give my husband 2 pieces a day and I eat all I want. So if anyone says something about all the chocolate you have tell them it’s for your memory.
Nice one . I'll remember that 🤣

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I know how annoying that is. I've got one of the stick type vacs. Easier and quicker than getting the bigger heavier one out. I only use the big vac once a week. The other does the quick pick ups.
we have a stick hoover both upstairs and down so dont have to carry it upstairs. i do downstairs every other day because we have a budgie as well so 2 muck magnets. i have a long-handled dustpan and brush to pick crumbs up that seem to follow him around. we have laminated floor so so much easier than carpets. only carpet in the bedrooms.

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
I only now hoover the rooms he goes in now if I'm expecting someone. When he eats crisps etc. bits aren't just on the floor. They are over sofa, down crack or cushion etc. so given up. Sounds dirty but can no longer be bothered.

Edurne

Jan 1, 2022
I realised recently that my life has changed a lot in the past year. There are a lot of things I used to really stress about and now I find I don't worry about them at all. They include:

Having colour-co-ordinated towels
Having the same colour sheets as duvet cover
Having a bath and washing my hair EVERY day
Wearing nail varnish
Having good meals EVERY day - sometimes a sandwich REALLY is all I can manage
Cleaning the entire house in one go - it can takes weeks to get round all the house these days
Having expensive clothes/jewellery/furniture - there is no point now
Having a better-looking garden than the neighbours
The car being clean all the time
Having tidy cupboards

I would love to say these things have made my life easier but it hasn't. Just different.
I understand you, I am the same, priorities change. But, the one thing I am trying to do now is when I go out, even to the shops, I try to dress nicely and even wear make up, this is because few months ago a friend told me that I looked more wrinkled and generally owful! so I decided to make an effort. Also, because I don't do a lot of socializing these days, any outing to the shops even is an excuse to try to look better...

hillyjay

Jun 14, 2019
I’ve gone one better, @Edurne, I found myself putting on eyeliner and brows to go with son to the tip the other week. So this is what my social life has become, eh?

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Hi @hillyjay and @Edurne . I'm the same, world doesn't see me without makeup. I wear dresses a lot of the time as I had a wardrobe full when I retired and wearing them makes me feel human. Nail varnish and change of jewellery is a sometimes now ,used to be always! Sometimes feel overdressed at dementia coffee clubs but I don't care. I need to feel me 😃

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Not even when Mr nextdoor took me out to buy 25 metres of land drainage pipes this morning, couldn't be bothered, however, might make the effort when Mrs nextdoor takes me shopping, one does have standards to maintain. K

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Last time I put makeup on was 1/4/23, our nephew got married!! I struggled, eyes took me 3 attempts. So well done all of you who can still get it together.

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
I dread to think what state my make-up is in. I haven't worn it for years now. It's probably just a huge pile of gunge in the bottom of my make-up bag.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
So if we were able to have a dementia carers meet up half of us would be super scruffy and the other half dressed to the nines 🤣🤣 what a bizarre bunch we would be!

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
So if we were able to have a dementia carers meet up half of us would be super scruffy and the other half dressed to the nines 🤣🤣 what a bizarre bunch we would be!
😂😂

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fi83