Talking Point app advertised at top of screen.

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
I have just come across the AS Talking Point app advertised at the top of the screen. Sounds a great idea but, speaking personally, there would be one major problem for me were I to download the app to my ipad. I don't want an app with the words 'Alzheimers Society' sitting on my screen in case my husband were to see it. I have concerns about his memory and we are currently awaiting diagnosis so this is the last thing I would want him to see! As I said, a great idea but I don't feel able to make use of it.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I have just come across the AS Talking Point app advertised at the top of the screen. Sounds a great idea but, speaking personally, there would be one major problem for me were I to download the app to my ipad. I don't want an app with the words 'Alzheimers Society' sitting on my screen in case my husband were to see it. I have concerns about his memory and we are currently awaiting diagnosis so this is the last thing I would want him to see! As I said, a great idea but I don't feel able to make use of it.

Don't touch it. The reason why we are getting them is to do with the changes to the database.

See these posts

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?57682-Advertising

No one in "authority" has come back to me re my post of today (sorry izzy) it could be legit, but I personally would only download through Alzheimer's website rather than a pop up.

Last edited:

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi SoyHJ and 2 jays

Sorry for any confusion. We have, as I mentioned recently here, been working on making TP easier to use with mobile phones and tablet devices. We're doing some final work on this at the moment but I will have more news about this for everyone tomorrow. :D

Soy - I'll respond to your post fully then, if that's okay. :)

Many thanks,

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Stupidly I down loaded the tap2talk app (had drunk wine) is was £1.99 but I have just got the AS app for free and it's brilliant.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London

Hi SoyHJ,

I just wanted to reassure you that, whilst Alzheimer’s Society’s logo is shown on the app’s listing pages in Google Play Store and the App Store, once you’ve downloaded the app, neither the app icon nor the app itself displays the Alzheimer’s Society logo or wording. The app icon that will display on your phone or ipad simply says ‘Talking Point’.

I hope that helps, and that you’ll try out the app. :)

Best wishes,

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Anyone else using the App on an Android phone?

Although I can't get it to work on my Android tablet - I have been using the app on my phone since soon after it was brought out.

Have just notice that the icon is greyed out and it says this app is not installed on your phone. I know I haven't removed it as not been doing anything with admin of apps today to have even done it by accident.

I reinstalled it via google store and its working - didn't have to log in again and yet it still shows a really weird icon that is half greyed out and just text.

I will try and remove it and reinstall it again when I have time but wondered if this had happened to anyone else?

Celia