Taking citalopram 20 mg

Davekhan

Apr 28, 2014
Is any body taking citalopram 20 mg and Donipezel 10 mg together what kind of side affects are people haveing my mothers Nurse has said she may change the tablets to Rivastigmine or patches.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
My OH is on rivastigmine was on memantine but it didn't work anymore. He copes well with rivastigmine and he feels better with it :) he can't take a lot of dementia drugs as he also has controlled epilepsy and COPD

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
That's the same doses as prescribed for my wife I never noticed anything than the Citlopram seemed to take a week or 2 to do anything at first, it seems to work quite well and she's never mentioned anything in the way of side effects nor have I noticed any.
K

Davekhan

Apr 28, 2014
Taking donipezel

My mum is having every single side affect as i can see it she is getting stomach cramps,stiffness in legs,head pain,feeling dizzy,little bit diarrhea,feeling sick,when she eats something she feels blotted straight after,difficulty sleeping and face feels really hot with rash on the forehead. She took the tablet last night at 9pm and now as I type she is having all the above still its been like over 15 hours i am really upset I thought that she was going to settle with the medication but it is making it worse.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
My mum tolerated the Rivastigmine (Exelon) patches, but the tablets made her very nauseous, so the tablets were definitely not good for her.

She was normally very sensitive to any medications, but was fine with the patches.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
OH has been on donepezil and citalopram for years, and Memantine for about 10 months. Can't say I've noticed any side effects.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
It takes 4-6 weeks for citalopram to bed in. It can give you muscle cramps and nausea to start with and these should lessen as time goes on. However it may be that your mum needs a smaller dose and then build up gradually to what they call a therapeutic dose.
I'm sorry I don't know how it reacts with the other drug you mentioned but you can Google "drug reactions" and type both in and the site will tell you. The doctor's computer beeps if they try to prescribe things that shouldn't be given in combination.
Hope this helps

Davekhan

Apr 28, 2014
Donepizil

mum has decided that she is going to stop taking Donepezil as she can not take it anymore its making life hell for her its now been 20 hours since the last dose she is still unwell.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloJb