So bizarre !

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Ann, that's terrible! How could there be no bed? Where would he have gone after the op? I am amazed at hospitals today, and not in a good way!
Red, how fabulous! Just cross fingers all goes well from now on.
This is a first for me, i'm lying in bed doing this! The fruits of being away! At least I'm keeping my feet up! When I told doc I don't do feet up, the best I could manage was a sprawl, she told me to sprawl as much as possible! I like docs like that!
Glad everyone seems to be as well as possible!
No rain here yet, but I think it's forecast, haven't looked at weather yet.
Have a good day everybody! Ann, any chance of a photo of granddog ( that she makes me chuckle!)?

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Ann, that's terrible! How could there be no bed? Where would he have gone after the op? I am amazed at hospitals today, and not in a good way!

He was to be discharged as soon as he was properly round from the anaesthetic, believe it or not!

I've told my friend the following.

To put in writing the complaints, copy in PALS, the health board, the consultant, the ward manager, and the hospital social workers team. To include phrases like 'duty of care', 'vulnerable adult', 'failed discharge'

To state clearly that as a family, they do not believe that Dad has the capacity to fully understand the implications of the surgery and demand a capacity assessment (carried out by the appropriate staff, not by a consultant having a 'private chat' with dad), plus demand full consultation with the family, including them receiving clear and honest information about the potential long term inpact of the surgery.

To request a hospital social worker.

To request a Best Interests meeting before discharge.

To contact the Adult Social Care team and demand a carers assessment for Mum, on the grounds that the situation has changed.

And for the family to state clearly, in writing, that they are refusing to have Dad home until these conditions are met - the conditions amount to no more than the procedure that the hospital should be following, btw, so that isn't as militant a demand as it sounds!

My poor friend has so much on her plate and is so worried about both Mum and Dad - she doesn't need the stress of having to do all this, but as my own experience has shown me, the behaviour of the hospital doesn't leave you with much choice :(

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Oh - and Pics of my lovely Granddog, Patch :)

Attachments

• 20217312_10213699471871873_658030456_n.jpg
    20217312_10213699471871873_658030456_n.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 444
  • 20270146_10213699471711869_1850854605_n.jpg
    20270146_10213699471711869_1850854605_n.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 455
  • 20289634_10213699471231857_655959945_n.jpg
    20289634_10213699471231857_655959945_n.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 450

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Oh he is a real cutie:D:D

Red, that is wonderful news, so pleased for you all.

Spamar.... hope the rest of your journey works well and, despite the reasons, I hope that you enjoy your visit.

Ann I am so sorry that your friend is having to learn the ropes, in depth. It's an awful thing to have to be the bad bug**r and refuse to bring him home.... but for his sake and theirs a proper package needs to be in place. Some Consultants simply beggar belief.....they don't read notes other than the bit that applies to their speciality.... no holistic care there!!

No rain yet, high grey cloud, breezy but still a bit warmer... about 16 instead of the 10 we had on Monday!

Have a good day all.x.x.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Red, that's AMAZING news! I am so happy to hear it and now I understand why you needed to wait.

I also find a lot of very unpleasant gender idiocy and related annoyances in Little Women these days, but the characters and much of the stories are still appealing. And they are better than some of the other stuff that was being written and marketed to girls (I refer you to the saccharine Elsie Dinsmore: blech) at the time. I do think that younger readers are not always as impressed or influenced by certain themes in books, as adults are, or think the children are--our perspectives are so different. But I'm glad I am here now, and didn't grow up in the late 19th century!

Sorry for the literary tangent. I might have studied literature in a previous life and retain an interest in children's and young adult literature, among other things.

But RedLou, I'm so pleased to hear about your daughter and am sending her all possible wishes for health and health and health.

(Definitely off topic, but if you care to say more about your studies, I would be interested. If you have already and I missed it/don't remember, my apologies!)

Spamar, I hope you are feeling okay, despite the long journey, and please travel safely. Please keep your feet up or sprawl or whatever you need to do, as much as possible!

Ann, the photos of Patch are adorable. He is super cute! Is he a particular breed, a mix, or a mutt, as we'd say in the States?

I'm super sorry to hear about your friend's Dad, Ann, and their dealings with the so-called medical professionals. I hope they are able to get a PALS person or social worker or someone to help them navigate all of this. It's so distressing.

I hope you will have a good visit with young Mister Mac and his GF this weekend. Is the zoo in your future, or something else fun, if the weather cooperates?

JM, I am sure you've been busy with the getting back to school routine (never mind hair disasters) and so forth, but hope you are all well, especially your daughter.

Slugsta, any news? How is your mum? And Skycat? Hope you are also feeling okay these days.

We are having a spate of weather that feels deceptively like summer, after not having the usual summer for these parts. I suspect it will switch back to autumn any day now, so am doing my best to enjoy the sunshine and warmth while it lasts.

I have another meeting today with the new prospective financial advisor for my mum, and if all goes well, I will hire him and then we can get started on making necessary changes to accounts and investments and so forth. As you all know, I detest the paperwork, but this has been hanging over me for too long. And yes, Ann, I would swap you, or anyone, your paperwork in a minute! I'm sure it's not as difficult when you're not emotionally involved.

Must run, but hugs and waves to anyone I've left out, and hope you are all as well as is possible.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Hello all - I need to write a big update and don't get round to it and then it gets bigger.

So Red - congrats to your daughter, so glad things are back on track, I'm sure I've posted on here before I found my multiple miscarriages (all around 7 weeks) very emotionally difficult.

Ann - having followed your posts about your job, I think you are trying to fit too many projects into not enough hours. Either you are doing more projects than others, everyone else is as stretched as you or you are investing more time into each project. You work part time for a reason, your work life balance, as you still have caring duties for MIL. You need to stand up for you. I understand you love your job, and it is for a very worth while cause, but ultimately expecting you to do more than you're paid hours is a combination of workplace bullying and emotional blackmail. (and as most part timers are women it often falls into sex discrimination in employment law). The girl that sits next to me left her previous employer at the end of maternity leave (paying back maternity pay above statutory) as she knew they expected way too many hours from part time staff, she didn't have the cash to easily spare but doesn't regret her decision.

Spamar - I'm guessing if you are at your cousin's you have limited wifi, but I hope all goes well tomorrow and am glad you have made it to Cornwall this year. Hope you enjoy the catch up with all your relatives, these occasions are always a bitter sweet affair with the pleasure of seeing distant family rarely seen, and that oft used phrase we should meet up when it isn't a funeral!

I too loved Little women and the sequels as a child, I didn't notice the sexist attitude at the time, my daughter read them in early teens and really enjoyed them too.

Slugsta - hope skycat is still doing well, and glad your mum can still enjoy her chocolate at times and recognised your son.

Can't remember what I've posted so hope I don't duplicate, dau's hair has settled to a deep auburn for now, which I like, she wanted to go this sort of colour anyway (ginger would cover it but at the brown end of the spectrum). I didn't like it with the red showing so strongly. I guess this means the red is washing out faster than the brown. We both think all of the colours she has had have suited her better than her natural colour. Son had strawberry blond hair for a week or so after birth and I was worried it would be a bright ginger which I don't like, but it then reverted to blond - it was white blond when he was born and eyebrows and eyelashes were so fair it looked like he didn't have them. MIL apologised for the ginger as she was ginger in her youth (scottish ) and hated it - she was dark blond ultimately which she preferred.

Dau is really enjoying 6th form, although we have had some debate about the extra subjects school encourage, EPQ or global perspectives, the latter she is told being favoured by Cambridge, however she has decided not to do either much to our relief. Having not done humanities for a few weeks, she isn't missing them, and is very much loving doing maths and science every day (son is jealous - guess what A levels he wants to do - which he chose aged 9).

We have all had a bug that has left us feeling very washed out and tired, with not much other symptons, son has not been to school yet this week, dau was off school Monday, but cycled today for the first time since last Tuesday, so not much worse than the rest of us, which given iron issues is an improvement. I think I picked the bug up in work, and it is going round my office.

Iron wise, she seems a lot better, I think since adding the spatone into the mix. All the blood tests we had came back clear bar a raised auto immune level, which GP thinks is not related to the iron, but has referred to a rheumatologist, and dau does often have clicky joints which then stay sore for half an hour or so so maybe something else found as well.

Need to cook tea so will try and catch up soon.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
A far too early good morning from me ! One of those nights where I slept solidly from about 11pm, then *ping* - wide awake at just before 4 a.m., and no chance of nodding off again. Tossing and turning and disturbing OH makes no sense, so I may as well get up, have a coffee, catch up with TP and with some editing, lol.

Spamar, I hope you've arrived safely and that today goes as well as these things can, hun - thinking of you xxx

Amy, so glad you feel that you are making so much headway with your Mum's paperwork and finances - I think you and I have a very similar loathing for admin, so I can imagine how much of a relief it is to feel you are getting it under control xxxx

Patch is most definitely a 'mutt' - or as we say, 'A Heinz 57 variety' :D We seem to have a tendency in this family to go for mutts, and rescue mutts at that. Patch was originally re-homed a few years back - but then his 'family' had a baby, and poor Patch no longer 'fitted in' and he was returned to the shelter :( At 11 years old, the chances of him being re-homed again were slim, but son and his GF had already decided to give a home to an older dog, and I think you could say that both they and Patch were very lucky to find each other. He's very fit, just a bit deaf, but active, no health problems and has a lovely nature, so hopefully, he'll have quite a few good years with them :)

Talking of pets, I've been wondering how Skycat is, too, Slugsta. And how your Mum is doing? Hope all is OK xxx

I am so glad your dau is settling into 6th form and loving it JM , and better still, its good to hear that the iron problem seems to be so much improved. Fingers crossed now that she is able to properly enjoy her cycling, as well as her studies :) Good to hear that you are happy with the hair colour too!

Every fellow staff I speak to is in a similar situation to me. A lot of it is to do with the fact that what we do is fairly unique, and in the current climate of cuts, it's also becoming more and more popular, as word spreads. So, demand and growth have taken off almost too quickly for the admin and support structure of the organisation to keep up with. There is a massive restructuring of pay and conditons underway, with the aim being to make sure that the system reflects and supports what we do - every indication that its going to make things better, but unfortunately it takes time :( Similarly, the admin/IT support is also undergoing a massive over-haul, but again - it takes time. Meanwhile, the main issues for me, that makes it just a little harder is that firstly, I'm the only person working North Wales - which means that I'm covering 3 counties at the moment - a lot of travel! Add that to the travel to the various meetings/training, which means travel to South Wales, Birmingham or London on a regualr basis, from an area where the travel options are pretty poor in terms of direct routes and train times, and there are some weeks where a huge chunk of my hours are taken up with just getting from A to B. And secondly, a lot of the work I do at the moment seems to revolve around supporting special needs young people, which necessitates smaller groups in order to give them the support and a learning situation that works for them - which means I sometimes have to do double the projects to meet my targets. The IT issues add a little more difficulty again (but, that's something that a lot of us are experiencing) and the job is very admin heavy too. Recently, the task of printing and assembling some of the paperwork needed to deliver projects has been taken off our hands (got told that just as I finished spending about 3 days printing out and assembling all the paperwork for my current 30 plus young people :rolleyes:) which will also help. The bosses are very aware of the situation we are all in, and to be fair, they really are working towards making it better - but its not going to happen overnight and meanwhile, I am so far behind with some aspects of the job that I'm really stressing about it :( I need to develop the attitude of a lot of my workmates and learn to just accept that I am unlikely to ever be on top of it all, and stop worrying about it!

Todays activities include another meeting (which promises to be incredibly useful!) and a morning spent on an environmental project (making bug hotels) which will finish with a camp fire and toasted marshmallows for those who want them - this does mean that I am likely to attend the meeting smelling of wood smoke, but that's better than the last similar meeting, which I attended covered in mud and smelling of pond water!

Son and his GF arrive late this evening, tomorrow is the towns celebration of 'World Peace Day' and I think we will probably go - it includes live music and a sort of festival and is usually a really fantastic day :)

Hope you all have a good weekend xxxxx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
An early morning for Ann, but a late (sleepless) night for me, I fear! Here is wishing for more sleep for both of us.

Now I'll quit whinging and read Ann's post properly. Hope everyone has a good Friday, or as much so as possible.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
An early morning for Ann, but a late (sleepless) night for me, I fear! Here is wishing for more sleep for both of us.

There are advantages to early morning rising though, Amy - I sped off in the car for 15 minutes of photography to capture the sunrise - such a pretty morning :)

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 420

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

What a lovely photo Ann! I find the only problem with sunrise is that it happens so early in the day . . . :D

Sending (((hugs))) to the sleepless peeps, I know how much harder everything is when you are tired :(

Ann, I am soooo sorry to hear about your friend's father. It is so sad when people have to fight so hard for things they are entitled to, at a time when they are already under a huge emotional load :mad:

I'm also sorry that you are having to work so many hours and that you are stressing about things you cannot do :( I know you love your job but you do need more 'life' in the work/life balance!

Patch looks very sweet, I'm glad he has found a lovely home and has settled so well :)

Amy, it's good to hear that your mum is free of C Diff symptoms. Also that you have managed to get on top of some of the admin, I know how difficult it can be to rest when something like that is hanging over us.

Red, what fantastic news about your daughter! :)

Jm, I'm glad that your daughter's physical health looks to be improving. I hope her behaviour is following suit! I'm sorry that you suffered multiple miscarriages, I have seen how hard that can be to deal with (((hugs)))

Spamar, I hope that the funeral went well today and that you are now able to sprawl to your heart's content :)

Skycat is doing very well, thank you. Hubby really thinks she is over her illness, I am still reserving my judgement but am glad for every day she is well :) Alf is lying on our bed at the moment, stretched out but keeping a sharp eye on Sky!

Mum was alert again when we visited but appears to have 'decided' that it is less trouble to communicate via facial expressions rather than trying to speak. She enjoyed chocolate and a cake today, while she can do that I reckon she is pretty much OK!

It has been really nice here today, the temp got up to 19C although it was only 7 when I left for aquagym this morning. I'm not sure what the weekend is supposed to bring . . .

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Another stupidly early Good Morning from me! Wide awake since 3.30a.m, tossing and turning and just cat-napping for most of the night before that - I'll pay for it later, but nothing I can do, because once I am properly awake, that's it!

I'm so glad that Skycat is still doing so well, Slugsta - really hoping that your Hubby is right and she has actually recovered from whatever it was that ailed her.

Also glad that your Mum is still able to enjoy things like chocolate - as you say, whilst she can tuck into them, hopefully it means she is doing OK :)

Spamar, I hope the funeral went well and that attending it didn't cause you too much pain and exhaustion. I have been thinking about you xxx

Had a really nice weekend with son, his GF and (of course) my Granddog :D The only problem was when Patch and my two dogs all wanted cuddles and fussing at the same time - I just didn't have enough hands to go round! We skipped the peace day celebrations because my stupid back was really sore, and I was also having problems with ankle and hip being painful. Added to which it was wet, and would have been muddy too - could see me quite easily going for a tumble, and I'm going to be too busy this week to risk additional aches and pains from a fall! Sunday, more or less ache and pain free, we headed to one of the big local car boot sales - I love those places, if only to hunt for more vinatge camera's to add to my collection! And they are great places for a spot of photography, too. I picked up a box brownie model that I didn't have, and a vintage polaroid, plus a box brownie twin 20 from the 1960's, and added to the mix two sets of very old bulbs for camera flash guns, and a very old exposure metre - I like the acessories to the old camera's as much as I like the actual camera's. I realised when we got there that although I'd brought my camera, I had really stupidly switched to a different camera bag and not transferred any SD cards over, so thought I'd have to miss out on taking any pictures. But, at a typical bits and bobs stall, found a small modern camera for just £2, that had a 16 gig memory card in it, working perfectly - so got myself a bargain and could take pics after all :)

After the car booty, we headed to see Mil. Well, my goodness - what a change!

As soon as we got into the corridor leading to the lounge, we could hear her - as my late Gran would have said, she was 'effing and jeffing' like I don't know what :rolleyes: Someone was being told where to go, and being referred to as a b***h! As soon as she spotted OH, though, her face lit up and she was all smiles. She named all of us correctly, which completely surprised me and she was chattier than we have seen her since our return from Rhodes. Confabulating (of course) with just about everything she said. One of the staff came past pushing a trolley laden with laundry, which prompted Mil to remind son's GF of the time she had had her 'new coat, torn half off her back' by the same woman, pushing the same trolley, last year (?), we got a tale about how she had been working 'in the office', doing 'office things' and an account of how she had been to church that morning. There was no over the top attention or possessiveness for OH, though - in fact, as one point, they brought her lunch and once OH turned her chair more to face the table, putting him out of her line of sight, she seemed not to realise that he was even there. Little D ( the lady who is 100 years old) was up and about and as she often does, she made a bee-line for OH, holding his hands, gabbling away to him and even trying to dance with him (I hope I can still attempt jig at her age!) - Mil saw this, but it didn't bother her at all - which was much better than the very obvious crossness that we were getting just a few weeks ago, if Little D came anywhere near OH.

However, she is still 'off' with me, sadly. Son said something about where we had been that morning and Mil couldn't quite grasp it - she looked at me for clarification (I thought) but when I explained that we had all been to an 'outdoor market' (she clearly couldn't remember the term Car boot sale) she asked if sone and GF lived with me, and when I said no, she then really nastily snapped - 'then how the hell do YOU know what they did this morning?'. When I asked if she had enjoyed church, in the middle of her detailed account of the service she claimed to have gone to that morning, she responded as though I'd insulted her by even asking :confused: And there were several more similar instances. So, somewhere in her head, for whatever reason, I'm still not her favourite person, obviously.

A member of staff made a passing remark to Mil, which prompted Mil to mouth at her to '**** off' - no idea why, the staff hadn't said anything to cause offence that I could see!

They brought her lunch whilst we were there, and again, she struggled. It wasn't that she didn't want it, but she simply cannot coordinate to do things like cut meat anymore, and even the hand eye coordination to get the fork to her mouth is difficult for her. In addition, she was leaning forward to try and get the food in her mouth and each time she did, her top dentures were falling down and sliding forwards. The price of her being so switched on yesterday, was that she realised that she was struggling, dropping her food and in danger of losing her teeth, and so she gave up pretty quickly. I came out with some on the spur story about how I'd cut her meat for her because it's 'difficult to do when you have a sore wrist' - she jumped on that as a reason, and allowed me to cut the meat for her, and she then finished most opf her meal. I also had a quiet word with a member of staff about the dentures, no excuse for them not being fixed in place as I'd stocked up on her toiletries the week before and that included me brining in two lots of denture fixative.

We stayed for just under an hour, and no problem with us leaving - she wasn't that bothered. It was good to see her so much more alert and chatty, but sad that she still is fairly antagonistic with me. No idea why the improvement, no idea if next time we go she will be the same, better again, sleeping or back to barely speaking and not having a clue who we are!

Really hectic week ahead, so not sure when I'll get the chance to pop in again - sheep painting, pond weed pulling, CD making and nature reserve visiting on the agenda this week, as well as loads and loads of the usual admin!

Take care and much love to all xxxx

Last edited:

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Just popping in to say glad you're less sore Ann and had a good visit with MIL.

Hope funeral went well Spamar.

Slugsta pleased your mum is enjoying cake and chocolate.

Amy glad you have sorted a new financial advisor.

See you all when TP is back on.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I think we are back!

Hoping for an update from Spamar at some point, but will assume no news is good news.

Ann, I'm surprised to hear about your visit with MIL. After the most recent ones, I was concerned how the future visits would be and how she would be, physically. I suppose the one thing that is consistent about dementia is that we never know what will happen.

But I'm very glad, for all your sakes, it went so well.

Sounds a lovely time with your son, his GF, and Patches. Hope you're not having a horrifically busy week!

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
And we are back - this new lay-out is going to take some getting used to! Not sure what I think - looks so different! Don't like that the 'preview post' option seems to have gone, along with the options to select 'todays posts' or 'recent posts' . And it somehow looks less user friendly - sort of clunky and basic, IYKWIM!

I suppose the one thing that is consistent about dementia is that we never know what will happen.

Isn't that the truth, Amy! The last thing I expected when we visited was to see her up, alert and talking so much, such a change from the previous few visits. There is just no way of anticipating what to expect :( The only thing that you can be sure of is that no matter what the presentation, its never all good, is it? Yes - she was more alert, yes - she at least knew our names, yes - she was chatty , BUT she was also being verbally aggressive to staff when we arrived, and was confrontational with me - which means that being alert also left her feeling agitation. I can't work out if her being agitated is preferable to her being mostly unaware and unresponsive or not. I don't know which is worse for us to see, or - more importantly - which is worse for her to experience :(

Spamar, have been thinking about you, hope you are OK, Hun xxxx

Work manic, have had to cancel todays' activities due to an organisational failure (not mine, I hasten to add) and instead will have to spend the day on admin. There's also a change of plans for my next three sessions (inevitable sometimes when you are working with several different agencies) which mean's I have to do some quick re-arranging and preparation, on top of the admin. Tomorrow is Sheep Day, so have to check final prep for that too, and make sure that everyone involved is clear on what needs to be done! I have been very organised, made a list and am hoping that I can get through 'stuff' with the minimum of hassle and finish early today - tomorrow is going to be a long day, so will be over my hours even more if I don't manage to get things done quickly today!

Hope everyone is OK, much love to all xxxxx

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Ann if you click more options on the reply box it gives you the option to preview posts.

If you click on forums at the top left it drops down to recent posts.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Morning Ann. Work sounds so hectic. Trains home went wrong yesterday and had to wait nearly an hour for one which not everyone got on then due to late running train terminated and we all had to get off. Normally 8 trains and hour so a lot of people stood on platform and as it is an underground station they keep people at the top once platform full.

With new layout can't take font size smaller on phone. As smallish screen I like to get more on screen to read. Will get used to it.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Afternoon again,

Ann, I'm very glad that Miss Mac's behaviour around the house is still acceptable. It's a worry that she is not settling at college but it is early days yet.

It sounds as if work is as hectic as ever. Hard to believe that it is already a year since you started the job!p

Spamar, I'm glad the cream has made your leg/s more comfortable. The 60s party sounds as if it will be fun :)

Mum was brighter when we were there yesterday. The staff reported that she had a nosebleed in the morning - but she has been prone to them since she was a child so we don't get particularly excited about them. She ate some chocolate, drank some 'hot' chocolate and seemed to be glad we were there. We stayed a bit longer than we often do but left when she started to get sleepy again.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi, I'm here at last! Sitting in Morrisons drinking glass of water and eating a pear, as you do.
Funeral went well. Church was full, some people standing. But it was a small church! Funeral tea in the adjacent church hall, also very small! I grabbed a pasty ( well, we are in Cornwall!) and couldn't get close to anything else, even in I wanted it! We ( me, cousin plus wife, and another cousin) got out of car at the church and the car was parked down the hill out of sight. 40 mins before the service, the church was already half full. He was well known in the village, also a church warden. Well liked, I think that was the reason I came, so I liked him a lot. Anyway, all went well.
Then it was the village fair. It's usually a one day affair, but seemed to stretch for 5 days! Consequently, loads of visitors popping in and out. Tea for up to 20 several times. Had a job to get trousers done up yesterday! Though easier this morning, you will be glad to hear!
Also had a tummy upset last Sat/Sun. Toast for lunch!
I did manage to get out yesterday, but no Talking Point! So here I am.
Yesterday we ( cousins wife and myself) went to nearest town and hit M &S. Now restocked with underneathies! I couldn't do any more, so decamped to local NT site for coffee and scones. Beautiful weather! So peaceful just being there.
Today I'm here, trying to catch up with you all!
The planning thing is through, I got an email, but I can't find planners report or result online. I suppose I'll find out somehow!
Got phone call yesterday to go to local hospital about shoulder and it's injection, told them to write me a letter and I'll deal with it when I get home ( didn't have diary with me, was being driven at the time).
Eventually had to go and see a gp down here to get more ABs, as leg hasn't yet improved from 2 weeks ago. He was an absolute sweetie, wish he was mr regular doc. I found out more in the 10 mins with him than in the last 12 years! Gave me some Betnovate to put on leg twice daily as well,and said about creaming them. Thanks Ann,I scored a brownie point there! So it's Betnovate twice daily and aqueous cream four times daily. Haven't
Got time to go out!
I eventually found talking point, definitely not used to the new site yet. When I get home, Sat or Sun depending on. Mood, weather,and probably other things, and I've got some time, I'll spend some time on it!
Hope you are all as well as possible and I'll do another reply on all your happenings when I can. I did a lot of catching up reading this morning, btw.
Cheers!

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Spamar, glad to hear you are safe and sound, and made it to the funeral. Sorry you had to go to the local GP, but I'm glad it was a good experience. Hope you continue to enjoy your time in Cornwall (I think you're still there) and please have a safe trip home.

I'm also not sure what I think about the new TP, but I'm glad it's still here!

Ann, excited to hear more about the sheep! And maybe one of your famous photos?

More later. Hope everyone is as well as possible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsCee