shower phobia

annieka 56

Aug 8, 2022
I've invested in some bumper packs of baby wipes and OH seems more amenable to those than a wash with a flannel or sponge. I have now been allowed to do some parts of him with the wipes, and to be honest, he seems to be enjoying the attention as he gets more used to it. I asked him if he would use the shower if he had steps and/or a seat, grab rails etc, and he said he regularly showers and he doesn't know what I'm talking about!
Sounds familiar.
Apart from my husband has zero language skills left - poor man. He's so scared.
I literally end up showing him I am using the body wipes etc myself which is quite handy after a few not nights.
Helps a little bit.

Redhed36

Apr 9, 2023
My Dad was a soap dodger for 12 months, he now lives with us and is progressing quite quickly with his AZ and VD ( hopefully not as a result of living with us lol) he had a nasty episode of bowel incontinence and he knew that he had to shower, we tried a stool but it freaked him out so now have grab rails and so he stands, I hold the hose and my partner soaps, he hates it but always says after how much better he feels. It’s very difficult physically and we have to allow a good hour plus. If he really refused then I would probably opt for strip washing, a difficult one but for now he can be coaxed into one a week. I think the main this is as long as you are keeping their skin and bits healthy then it doesn’t matter how it is done

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jo Hefferman