Selecting hip protectors to work with Tenapants

Swiftsure08

Mar 4, 2024
Hi, my wife has mixed dementia and Parkinsons. After some time, the 24x7 caring effort has got too much so she is now in a very nice nursing home and seems content and well. However the home has recommended I buy her hip protectors. Now they are effective but only if worn consistently and she needs to wear Tenapants as well. There are several types of hip protectors and I would like any advice on which type would be most convenient for her and for carers to use.

If anyone has some practical advice and exoerience, I would welcome hearing about it.

Thanks, Peter

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
what is hip protection?
Pad to protect hip when falling.
overlapping-hip-protector.jpg

Swiftsure08

Mar 4, 2024
Thanks Nitram. While the suppliers make certain claims the issue is what will the carers find in practice when they come to use the products. For example which would be best out of the following models: nursing home, quick front flap, bottomless, Activ trousers, and soft or hard pads. Ease of use is vital as surveys show many stop using them.

Swiftsure08

Mar 4, 2024
After further talks with nursing home carers, they say in practice they use the plain nursing home variant with no tailbone protector and soft pads. So I will order one of those as a trial. If OK , I will order two more.