Relative denying the need for doctor visit

pamcasey

Jun 1, 2014
Essex
Hi Everyone, I am new here, and hoping for some advice, maybe.
My brother in law is becoming unable to remember things relating to date/time.
For instance, an appointment card with Mon 21/4/14 10am had him completely baffled. The 14 at the end and the 10am were a mystery to him. He is now mostly unable to name something he is talking about, or places he has been.
I have met up with his doctor who has advised she would like to have him assessed. This must have his consent, of course, but when I broached the subject he just said, I'm not seeing the doctor again, there's no need, I'm getting better.
I am now very concerned as he is starting to complain about other drivers on the road, saying they are impatient and driving badly, cutting him up etc.. I believe it is his driving, or responses which are a cause for concern.
I can't make him see the doc. Suppose his driving really is bad, what shall I do??

Jess26

Jan 5, 2011
Kent
You can report him anonymously to the DVLA with a view to getting his license revoked. I had to do this with a neighbour.

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
You've probably been here already, but if he can say he is getting better, presumably he realised there was something wrong in the first place. Perhaps reminding him of what he said may help? Good luck, he certainly sounds if he needs some help. x:)

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloJb