Dementia Hello I’m Mary

Twinsister727

Apr 9, 2024
I’m Mary my husband of 58 years started having memory issues about 3 years ago. That was followed by strange behaviors. I spoke with his dr but she refused to listen to me. My husband denied the possibility of dementia and has refused to get diagnosed. His mother died with Alzheimer’s at age 77. He has same symptoms. Recently he has been sleeping in the bathtub for 7 hours twice a day. He has let the water run while sleeping and has flooded the back of apartment on two occasions. I called the fire department the first time because my husband fell because of the amount of water on the floor. The water was cleaned up and fans were used by the firemen. Today was the second time and I tried to clean it up myself. I’m 76 not in good health and this stress is taking a toll on me. My husband is uncooperative and wants to argue about everything. I have spoke with the several team of doctors providing his care , most are not interested. This is example : my husband took drivers license test to renew his license at that time they required him to get a statement from his dr that he was physically and mentally able to drive. The dr replyed to them he was fit.. we had a already scheduled appointment with his neurologist the next day . The neurologist said he has mental issue and put him on a
Psychotic drug. Three days later he was in a car accident not his fault but he couldn’t tell me where he was. It did $4,000. In damages to my car. He was contacted by dmv to take a driving test . The instructor failed him because of dangerous and unsafe driving .His license was revoked and taken away. This all happened within a week or so when dr stated he was fit. I can’t get any answers no help from the medical community.I need someone to help me figure this out. I have no family in this area it’s just me dealing with this 24/7. Thank you for listening . Mary

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome Mary. Something in the way you post makes me wonder are you from the usa, not a problem, my mum/mom was an American too. K