Rambling whinge warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
Phoned GP surgery to check results of my OH's urinalysis.
"All clear" said a bright, cheery and somewhat dismissive voice.
I managed to speak before being cut off to state he needed a GP appointment without delay, as advised by the Treatment Centre, due to the last week's appearance of blood in his urine. Despite explaining the urgency I simply have to join the queue of appointment lottery hopefuls at 8am tomorrow morning.
At least it means I can drop the antibiotics from the menu.

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
Couldn't spend time waiting on hold in the 8am queue yesterday so just gave up and decided to try the e-consult service which they only operate from 10am-2pm. Nope - service unavailable due to high demand. Losing the will to live I gave up for the day. Wrote out a small diatribe - edited over and over to keep within the 500 character limit - and saved it for today.

Today, tried e-consult around 10.30. Nope - same as yesterday. No go.

Had a coffee and couple of cigs (my, my - how tempting that Gin bottle looked) then phoned the surgery again. To my utter astonishment and amazement I got straight through and arranged a GP call back.

GP (never heard of him but any GP in a storm) called at 1pm. Discussed my OH's situation. The decision (jointly made between GP and me) is to adopt a wait and watch regime and IF there's any further blood in pull ups or urine to get back. I'll need to take photos (YIK!) of pull ups and anything else I see that may be relevant to help with a hands-off initial examination. What we agreed was that a urethral camera for internal bladder inspection would not be a good idea as it would need to be done under general anaesthetic. I'll also have to take better notice of any wee hold-backs or sudden rushes in case of prostate problems. Hmmm, new jobbie to add to the list.

It's just possible that during last Wednesday night's gold standard mega flip my OH somehow caused a minor injury to himself - he was hitting himself pretty hard all over.

However - on the positive side - after three very dodgy evenings when the Clonazepam first started, things seem to be improving. He's still doing the sundowning pacing etc but much more gently and without showing the heightened anxiety and aggression that's been present recently. He's gone to bed quite mildly without the usual tantrums and at a much more reasonable time without fighting his drooping eyelids.

Today, for the first time in weeks, I feel almost calm. Just hoping it's not the calm before the storm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.