Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
I find I'm fantasising about taking the kids out for tea or having my hair done, or both!

Funny, I was only thinking this morning how lovely it is that you have Mr Pied's support. That you can have this precious time with your mum & know he has your back & he and kids are ok.

Hope today stays peaceful x

Lin x

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
I've been following your thread (and many others you have posted). You have lots of people holding your hand and quietly you've had mine too (cyberly ;)) x

Hope your mum is comfortable and peaceful x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks for reminding me to thank him Lin. I just have.
My boss says this is my Stabat Mater. (Had to look it up but it's beautiful).

Last edited:

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Pied

Like so many others here on TP you are constantly in my thoughts. Your Mum is amazing. So are you.

This thread is amazing. Thank you for sharing with us during your long vigil. I am lost for words now, so many have said wonderous things.

I continue to wish peace for your Mum, and for peace and tranquility to fill the room.

Sending you love and strength and much admiration.

Loo xxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
We are still talking to her, telling her to take messages to our grans, telling her there is a promotion waiting for her (to glory, Deborah, to glory!) and that she must think its time to let go.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I have smiled my best smile into her eyes, not sure if their sense is shut or not. (To quote Shakespeare) - but it's hard now to summon a lightness of voice.

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
You probably know this already Pied, forgive me if you do, but the hearing is the last thing to go and I have read that it can be around 20 minutes after the person has died before it is lost.

When my parents and husband died we continued to talk to them for some time afterwards, telling them we loved them etc. It's a very precious time.

Thinking of you xx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Supportive hugs dearest Pied, you, sis and Mum have had a long journey, at times very hard, often very beautiful and always underpinned by love.

Wishing you strength for these last hours,

With love

Celia
xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Mum has been turned onto her left side and seems to be breathing more easily. I'm tired now but I think we still have a long road to travel. Mum's breathing much more evenly and the gaps have gone completely.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
You probably know this already Pied, forgive me if you do, but the hearing is the last thing to go and I have read that it can be around 20 minutes after the person has died before it is lost.

When my parents and husband died we continued to talk to them for some time afterwards, telling them we loved them etc. It's a very precious time.

Thinking of you xx

I had a conversation with a nurse ages ago who worked with terminally ill patients.

She told me that when they passed it was her job to disconnected them from things like oxygen machines etc.She always used to talk to them as though they were still alive as she thought their spirit could still be leaving their body. She used to reassure them that everything was ok and they were not to worry about relatives left behind.

This conversation stayed with me because the nurse seemed to be so young.She was a natural-rather like Pied's ex nun.Some nurses have a true calling.

Peace be with you Pied, Sis and Pied's Mum.

love from Lyn T

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
From the moment my Mum passed I held her close, kissed her brow, talked to her, even although she was deaf, her hearing aids had been removed. I could 'feel' her spirit, and since is was being freed from her earthly body, I hoped that she could hear my words.

We cannot know, we do what comes instinctively natural to do.

Many thoughts, much love

Loo xxx

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Dear Pied, Sis and Mum,

I also follow your closing chapter and look in a few times a day to see how you are all faring. I think you are amazing.... all of you. I delight in the kind carers who help ease your paths, I get all rumpled up by those who walk like elephants in a china shop.....

Does your mother know just how many of us are following your journey? It is a long farewell and your mother is doing herself so proud. Now, why would she want to leave a life well lived with family so dear?

At least you know you have someone 100% dedicated to you and yours when she finally does pass on. I like the ideas of having family, ancestors, a clan, friends who are rooting for me while I live on.

Big hugs, you must be so so tired. BE

Status
Not open for further replies.