Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Well done Creative Sarah

You live up to your name. How appropriate to feature swans in your video-serene on the surface with so much effort underneath to keep going.Just like Pied.

Pied we all realise by now that in front of your Mum you are serenity personified, underneath the surface you are treading water to keep up.

Take care my dear

Love to you, Sis and your lovely Mum.

Lyn T

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
I hope that your Mum is now peaceful again after the last turn - I also hopes she holds on until M is on.

You and your sis are doing a grand job. I remember only too well the "pop" to the loo which involved a sprint walk there and back when Grandad was poorly a while back.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sarah, your video is beautiful. What a wonderful gift for Pied. Lyn, I agree, so fitting for Pied.

And I too would be so proud to have Pied as my daughter.

Xxxxx

Rosie Webros

May 8, 2013
Oh Pied, I am so sorry for you, your mom and your sister. It is so frustrating when there is nothing we can do to help you. I so wish there was. But we are all thinking about you and I am sending you, your sister and mom a virtual hug. ((((hug)))) xx

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Hiya Pied,

The increased morphine can have triggered more pronounced cheyne stokes as it suppresses the respiratory system.can all be the reason for the number of reps per minute slowing down too. Although still on a relatively low dose of morphine, keep in your mine that her dose has in fact been doubled today.

I know what you mean about the cheyne stokes, my sister said it was like gratuitous exercise for us as every time the gaps got longer we stood up, as though we were preparing for this being the main event LOL. One indicator thou is the other things I mentioned last night eg mottling, cold extremities etc. these are almost always present just before death. With mum, for example, mottling was apparent about 20-30 mins before her death. By then her eyes had become opaque and clearly no longer functioning. The increasing sleep is also thought of, from a spiritual perspective, of the act of pulling away, slowly, releasing their hold on this dimension, loved ones, etc.

Hope this helps,

Fiona

PS, at this stage I would let them use whatever morphine they consider necessary to make your mum comfortable. That last thing you would ever want to wander is that she may have been in pain.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thank you all sooooo much.

It's horrid.

We have just watched Dad's Army and laughed and hoped Mum could hear. She'd love watching it with us.

Watching this breathing pattern is surreal. You keep thinking, is this it? Please God, take her x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
(Because we were sure Mum was in pain from the infected pressure sore). The odour is heavy tonight. Sorry to be graphic but I did promise to be honest.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Every time I get close to losing her I want to grab her and hold her.

I wonder if your mum could speak whether the words above could be from her to you?

Sending love to you all.

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Pied, I've read your post from the start and have had and still really have no words. I just wanted to say that I hope your mum finds peace soon.

Am thinking of you, your sister and your mum and will keep on checking in to see how things at going.

Take care, I have no idea where you find such strength, you're an inspiration, your sister too.

Sharon x x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Mum seems cold now. The career, T, found a fleece bed jacket I bought her and gently popped it over her shoulders saying, " Now you look really glamorous, look at these little rosebuds," which really upset me. It's just so sad. So very very sad. Please find peace Mum x

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Pied - you have been in my thoughts all day but am sorry that I was unable to post.

I am in awe of the courage and strength you have shown and the honesty with which you have posted here. I bet your Mum and all the family watching over you from above are so proud of you.

You mention the odour from the dressing / pressure sore. Just sprinkle some drops of lavender oil on the sheets near the area and that will help mask some if not all of it.

I hope that it is a peaceful night and the angels watch over you all and if it is the time for your Mum to pass that they take her gently over.

With love

Celia
xxx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I hope you can pop home for some rest Pied. It might clear your head. You'll enjoy Sarah's video. It's beautiful. xx

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Just wishing you another upset-free night.
Your mother defies all expectations again, doesn't she. I'm glad she is peaceful - that is what we would all wish for at our leaving I think.
Your vigil must be so tiring and I hope you can sleep, wherever you are. God bless.x

Status
Not open for further replies.